**British Armed Forces Discussion Thread**

Soldato
Well, while other countries are preparing for war, the new D&I training. 1st slide:

cotton-spools-represent-diversity-1200x800.jpg

And asked, "Which cotton spool do you identify as?"

Can't you identify as a bobbin?

Soldato
How dare you assume my gender - *triggered*

Was tempted to say I identify as the really worn thread due to this ****! Don't get me wrong, D&I obviously has its place, but that slide and comment got a very audible groan from a few; it was cringe.

Associate
Had a visit from an Air Officer last year that was banging the drum for the ACE concept, and saying how lethal we will become. I said I didn't feel lethal as I legit spent more time on D&I than I did handling a weapon that year. Got a good talking to afterwards.

“Promote that man!”

Soldato
Almost think we need world war 3 to realign people's priorities

Yes, I tend to agree.
People have lost their focus in life. They are no longer interested in the meaningful stuff, and burying their head in the sand when it comes to threat. It is a very sad thing to say, but they need to get their act together, or fate will do it for them.

Associate
If it materialises it will all disappear in a defence spending black hole and it won't change anything.

Defence contractors and businesses will be rubbing their hands together. "Let's increase our prices!"

Still waiting for my FRI - disgruntled techie :cry:

Soldato
Still waiting for my FRI - disgruntled techie :cry:

The latest e-mail (rumour control edition) isn't looking good for "all" of the techies. It mentions that the FRI is still with the Treasury and they're working out final costs vs amount available to spend as there is the potential (rumour control again) that they'll have to adjust the eligibility requirements of recipients to match what money they have available.

It'll be interesting to see if they go with a tiered system (within each Rank) or stick with a set figure for everyone within Rank and I'd love to know what the original "ask" was from the RAF compared to what the final announced result will be.

Associate
The latest e-mail (rumour control edition) isn't looking good for "all" of the techies. It mentions that the FRI is still with the Treasury and they're working out final costs vs amount available to spend as there is the potential (rumour control again) that they'll have to adjust the eligibility requirements of recipients to match what money they have available.

It'll be interesting to see if they go with a tiered system (within each Rank) or stick with a set figure for everyone within Rank and I'd love to know what the original "ask" was from the RAF compared to what the final announced result will be.

Differs to what I heard from the WOs forum on Wednesday with the 2 star.

I was told it's a week to 10 days for an update, the CAS has given a copy to the AFPRB who have approved it already (who was supposed to wait for treasury approval first)

I doubt we will ever hear the original figures requested.

They would have given a standard officer talk Gold, silver and bronze solution.

Probably along the lines of gold being 100k tax free

Silver being 30k taxed

Bronze being an affordable 0.5% increase and a bus pass.

You know they will choose the latter/cheapest of what ever is submitted.

So basically, nobody knows :cry:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom