BT Telephone line/Cabinet question

Associate
Hi all,

I've been researching my telephone connection, as my ADSL broadband is really slow, and we can't get fibre or cable.

On further investigation it looks like we have a reach issue on our line, so guessing our house is too far from the cabinet to get decent speeds (Currently getting around 4mbps!).

My question is, is it possible to have our house connected to a cabinet that is closer than the one we're currently connected to, therefore getting a better ADSL connection speed, and possibility of fibre?

What would be involved?

Thanks

Edward

Associate
OP
No, not rural at all really. We live in a village called Yaxley, near Peterborough. I'm guessing it was the nearest (or only available) cabinet when our house was built (one of the first on a new development in 2000). As the crow flies we're about 400m away from the cabinet, and we only get around a 4mbps connection, which is horrible :(

Associate
OP
You're 400m away from the current cab or the nearest one that you're not connected to?

Current cab. Nearest one is about 50m away I think (but that ones not been upgraded yet).

Not sure whether it would be better to be connected to a cabinet that is further away but upgraded for fibre (but can't get because of reach issues), or a closer cabinet that hasn't been upgraded) - The latter I guess.

Back
Top Bottom