Title Change - A Journey back into film! Multiple Film Cameras.

Soldato
Evening all,

As some may have seen in the New Gear thread I recently bought a Canon AE-1 with 50mm 1.4 FD lens from ebay which was fully working with new seals. Once I had got new batteries and a few films I've now received some photos from the first Black and White film that I've shot for about 20yrs.

Unz1oFY.jpeg

2HJ2pFb.jpeg

KlD2iT1.jpeg

LHkyZyb.jpeg

Q2nBgHc.jpeg

HVuHdl4.jpeg

All shot on Ilford 100 B&W film with an f-stop between 5.6 and 11 and a shutter speed between 1/125th and 1/500th of a second.

EDIT

Title changed for incoming camera!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

Thanks.

I've been watching a number of film photography youtubers for tips on shooting film cos its been that long with digital that I'd forgotten its better to overexpose slightly than underexpose which is what I'd normally do for digital. I'm most of the way through a roll of Kodak Gold 200 so that'll be getting developed after next weekend. I've been looking on Analoguewonderland.co.uk for different film types as well and I'm intrigued by the Lomography Metropolis film so I'll probably buy a couple of rolls to try out in the streets of Dundee shortly.

Soldato
I have all ways dismissed the going back trying film as a fad but must say there great looking with out the modern content I would be convinced number 2 would be worth a large print.

Soldato
OP
I have all ways dismissed the going back trying film as a fad but must say there great looking with out the modern content I would be convinced number 2 would be worth a large print.

It possibly is a fad for me as well. I've enjoyed shooting that first roll again and I'm almost finished my first roll of colour film. Going for a walk this weekend so I'll get those shots fired off and this thread updated in due course. It's always good that the film camera and old lenses are about half the weight of my 5d2 with whichever L lens I decide to put on it so to a degree it encourages me to take a camera with me when I go out to do something.

Soldato
It possibly is a fad for me as well. I've enjoyed shooting that first roll again and I'm almost finished my first roll of colour film. Going for a walk this weekend so I'll get those shots fired off and this thread updated in due course. It's always good that the film camera and old lenses are about half the weight of my 5d2 with whichever L lens I decide to put on it so to a degree it encourages me to take a camera with me when I go out to do something.
Nice make sure if there is any cars in the picture tell em to take a hike lol.

Man of Honour
Where are you all getting your film developed? I keep flirting with the idea of getting back into film but the reason I stopped was the increasing cost of development and difficulty of getting good scans.

Soldato
OP
Where are you all getting your film developed? I keep flirting with the idea of getting back into film but the reason I stopped was the increasing cost of development and difficulty of getting good scans.

For the black and white roll I went back to Ilford (harmanlab.com) and I've just sent a colour film off to analoguewonderland.co.uk so I'll need to see what like their scans are like. I went with high quality jpgs for both but there is an option for high quality tiffs as well.

Back
Top Bottom