Car mount / holder

Associate
Sorry to gatecrash the thread. I'm looking to replace my Yosh air vent holder as it's broken the air vents and tends to droop once the phone is inserted.

Here's another Yosh I'm thinking of buying to attach to the dash with suction. It has an extending arm so I should be able to position it as close as my vent holder.

There's an option at the top to select a £15.99 version and a £16.99 version. I might as well get the £15.99 one unless anyone see any functional difference between them?

My dash has a textured surface as seen in my photo. Will suction be fine with that?

I had the Yosh CD slot mount in my Civic and is was fine almost right until I discussed changing the car. Perhaps should have done it out of earshot. It did last a few years though!

Now I am in need of a way to stow my phone in my Focus MK3, but every cubby is too small to fit a modern phone! Apparently they designed the arm rest phone mount around the iPhone 7...!

I don't really need it to be out and visible as I'll be using Android Auto when I need to charge the phone in the car.

Any other Focus MK3 owners got any ideas? :)

Soldato
Out of interest, what is your car?

Could be worth looking at a car-specific one? for example, I have an Audi A3 and there's custom bracket i use to fit around my vents to give a cleaner look when the phone isn't mounted.

product_image+copy.jpg

That’s very neat! Who makes that?

Currently using a generic MagSafe air vent clip with a stabilising arm but it’s not as secure as I’d like.

Last edited:
Associate
That’s very neat! Who makes that?

Currently using a generic MagSafe air vent clip with a stabilising arm but it’s not as secure as I’d like.

it's from https://www.oem-mounts.com.

the guy only does Some audi's and mercs though. I presume because they incorporate that individual vent dashboard styling.

Also they are very overpriced, but are better quality compared to some of the cheap amazon/Ebay options out there.

Soldato
The ones I've used in the past all push on either the power or volume buttons when they clamp. Do any of the ones you've shared have that problem?
If you get a model that has an adjustable lower support then you can alter the height of the phone so that the buttons don't get pressed, and accessible if needed. This can sometimes be a compromise with wireless charging though, as it may misalign the charging coils.

The mount I use has this handy feature but I can't find it in stock anywhere sadly :(

Associate
The ones I've used in the past all push on either the power or volume buttons when they clamp. Do any of the ones you've shared have that problem?
The one I suggested has an adjustable bottom plate that you can move up or down. At it's most inward position the clamps were on my power and volume up buttons so I moved the bottom support down and it misses them now.

Back
Top Bottom