Cases that will take a 420mm rad top mounted.

Soldato
I'm looking for a decent case with good air flow and quiet accoustics that will take my Arctic freezer iii 420mm in the top. So far I've found Meshify 2XL, any reccomdation welcome.

Soldato
OP
So just to update. I recieved an email from rainforest where i ordered the Meshify 2, saying ive been refunded. Strangely though its still showing as shipped. Anyway long story short.. I managed to pick up an ex display Corsair 7000D Airflow for £134 described as in pristine condition but has a damaged box. So its a pretty good deal considering they are normally £274.99 will see what turns up. And if the Meshify turns up too, well i dont know what i'll do. ;)

Soldato
Woah, that's one seriously big case you'll be getting..!
Great price :)
You could have the choice of side mounting, just because you can, as well as top. Probably too long distance from front mount tho.
Great case, really liked my 5000D, the build quality is excellent.

I'll watch out for the selling off of your Meshify 2, lol.

Soldato
OP
The Meshify refund was a total mystery to me. I certainly never asked for it. Was looking forward to it, but was kind of wishing I'd gone for the XL version. I can only think the 3rd party involved said to rainforest they couldn't supply it got damaged or something? Still I'll let you know the out come of this. Anyway here's hoping I get a surprise and also a bargain with the Corsair too, was to good a price not to take a punt.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The Corsair 7000D Airflow case is here and it is indeed massive. Looks like ive bagged a bargain here though. Lovely looking case, No idea if the Rainforest (Meshify) one will turn up or not. If it does i'll tell them it has and ive been refunded. I hear they normally let you keep it, so fingers crossed. :D

Soldato
OP
I only bought this case to top mount my 420 freezer iii then use as my second pc, but the case looks good enough to relegate my number 1 case a Phanteks P600S. However when i had the 420 front mounted in the P600 it was a bit noisy for me. So im a bit worried the 420 will be noisy in the 7000D. Is the 420 known to be noisier than the 360? because the Arctic freezer iii is whisper quiet in the Phanteks.

Soldato
Is the 420 known to be noisier than the 360? because the Arctic freezer iii is whisper quiet in the Phanteks.
My 420mm is very quiet ,

But mine maybe a bit more quiet due to it being front mounted as an intake so it will have the cooler air being sucked through it then one that been top mounted and setup as exhaust

But then my GPU fans will need to spin faster due to my front mounted 420mm so there will be no gain in the system being quieter setup one way or the other

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom