Cerapotta ceramic coffee filter

Associate
Been looking at some reviews on the "Cerapotta ceramic coffee filter" and it's a 50/50, so does anybody use or used this? pro/con; worth it?

TY

Last edited:
Associate
Been looking at some reviews on the "Cerapotta ceramic coffee filter" and it's a 50/50, so does anybody use or used this? pro/con; worth it?

TY

Not seen them before tbh! Looks quite interesting but I'd imagine making sure it's clean would be a palava? These days i'm pretty much just v60 with unbleached filters and awaaaaaay

Associate
OP
Not seen them before tbh! Looks quite interesting but I'd imagine making sure it's clean would be a palava? These days i'm pretty much just v60 with unbleached filters and awaaaaaay

To clean it, you just rinse it in hot water and if at some point (month+) it does need something more then just have it sit in boiled water for a bit.

I should have added these 2 clips before, but.... here they are:

How the filter is made:

Review of the filter:

TY

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Seen several various brewers like this over the years. Not bought one yet as the thought of cleaning them out just puts me right off. Also, I regularly change what coffee I use (occasionally daily) so having to do a deep clean each time would really annoy me.

Caporegime

TY

This might help, personally, i will stick with paper.

If you go to the cleaning part....the amount of energy require to clean this properly will be more carbon footprint than paper.

1 - You can't scrub it, because it will retain any material and fabric
2 - You can't dry it with a towel, because it will retain material
3 - You can't use detergent
4 - I suspect it will trap skin as you rub it with your fingers when cleaning....yum!
5 - James Hoffmann suggests inverting it and put it on a gas stove to burn off all the residue and carbon...great use of energy!
6 - You can make only use really hot water to rinse it and will need a lot of it since you can’t scrub it.

Nice idea, terrible in practice is my conclusion.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well, the settles it...

I'll just keep things the way they are.

Thank you very much for all of your help and to think I would have been paying roughly £70 for it :( .

Soldato
Yes I don't see what is wrong with unbleached, biodegradable paper filters in a 5 quid V60. Convenient, sustainable, makes a good cup!

Man of Honour
Yes I don't see what is wrong with unbleached, biodegradable paper filters in a 5 quid V60. Convenient, sustainable, makes a good cup!
Have to say I do prefer the oxygen bleached papers. Need less rinsing and significantly less paper taste which I'm really good at detecting. Although good quality paper filters helps with that anyway. Proper Hario/Chemex/Kalita brand filters are much better that the cheap generics.

Back
Top Bottom