Compatible USB 3.0 Ports

Associate
Guys,

I have pre-ordered the Rift, however I seem to have a problem with my USB 3 ports not being compatible :(

Now I cant believe that the USB 3 ports on the Asus Rampage IV Extreme cant be used with the Rift afterall this is supposed to be a high end card for gamers lol.

i ran the oculus checker and failed on the USB 3 ports.

Rampage Extreme uses the Asmedia extensible Controller which is it states are not compatible, however I have seen one other member that he passed the checker with the same board.

No I have tried disabling other controllers and also tried other drivers but still it fails. Anyone out there with the same board got the same problem and anyone know of a work around? I know you can get a hub etc but surely there must be a way to use what is already on the board??

Help appreciated as it seems clear whats needed for the Rift but just think the USB 3 is a grey area being overlooked

Soldato
Has anyone figured out why they fail? Is it just poor analysis by the test (model not in it's DB?), or is there an actual technical reason?

Soldato
I think its to do with chipsets. When I had the latest version the vr would flicker on and off, the connection/display was very unstable. I fitted a separate powered card and it worked straight away, don't underestimate compatibility of the USB3.

Don
Over on the big Reddit thread about it I read that it was something to do with latency introduced by that particular chipset.

I can't link the one I bought because OcUK don't sell it. It is the one recommended by Oculus.

Associate
OP
I have just found out that Elite Dangerous wont work with the CV1 Rift? They use the game to advertise the DK1 and DK2 and then when everyone wants to use it with CV1 they say they going to focus support for VIVE.

Well thats it I have just cancelled my Rift Pre-order and will wait to see what pans out before deciding between them, its not like its a cheap purchase to start with so I think I will just hold fire get my gear upto date.

After all when ppl buy the CV1 and are dissapointed I am sure we will see them going cheaper and various outlets ;)

Soldato
No that's not true at all. Valve released their final SDK before Oculus released their 1.0, so a dev made a comment that they were concentrating on SteamVR support at the time, but it was later clarified that they were waiting on SDK 1.0 and a final headset before going back to update Rift support. It should still be supported by release.

Back
Top Bottom