Connecting a Google Chromecast to your PC, to output sound to your PC speakers - help

Associate
I recently got a Chromecast that is connected via HDMI cable to a PC monitor, which is connected to a Desktop PC that has 2.1 speakers. The monitor has no inbuilt speakers.

The chromecast works aside from no sound.

At the moment there is no way to get the sound from the chromecast through my PC to the speakers.

Does anyone know a way to do this or is my only option to buy a soundbar?

If the chromecast was connected to a monitor with inbuilt speakers would there be a way to channel that sound into the line input of the PC soundcard and back out through the 2.1 speakers?

The PC soundcard is a Soundblaster AE-5.

Cheers for any help!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Thanks for this, but at the moment, the chromecast is connected to a HDMI splitter so that a freeview tuner can also be routed into the PC monitor, will an audio splitter be able to work around that?

Associate
I reckon the only way to know that would be to try it. Logically I don't see any issue, but the way these things interact with each other can be a bit of a mystery.

Associate
OP
I reckon the only way to know that would be to try it. Logically I don't see any issue, but the way these things interact with each other can be a bit of a mystery.
Yep, well i got a audio splitter and it worked, so thanks for the help

Back
Top Bottom