Corsair Link Alternative

Associate
Hi,

Is there an alternative to the Corsair Link? ... something which the software actually works?

Looking to setup something like the Corsair custom curve where you set certain temperatures and the control unit automatically increases the fan speed which has been set or as per temperature of the cpu.

Already have a fan controller installed with 4x Akasa viper fans connected but find it a pain having to adjust the fans all the time (watching movies to encoding ect)

In total looking to control all 6 fans incl the 2 connected to the H80 rad.

thanks.

Associate
OP
Never tried soldering before and would rather not mess it up trying.

Connecting the fans direct to the mobo how would I set the temperature to when the fan speeds increase? ect

Associate
OP
Thanks will order a few 3 way splitters.

@
Jedifragger
Have tried setting up custom curve which doesn't seem to work. Ran p95 for 30 mins reaching temperature of 60 degree and the fans only spun at 700rpm and not following the graph I setup.

Associate
OP
I also run a custom curve and at first made the mistake of leaving the sensor at the default setting (Coolant temp). Make sure that you change it to CPU temp :)

After I did that it worked great :cool:

Already tried this but will give it another go tomorrow.

Also bought a NZXT Grid + plus 3 way splitters, will try the grid plus splitters to see which is preferred.

Associate
OP
Let me know how the grid + is please. I noticed it when searching for you and it caught my eye.

Installed the grid + 30min ago and worked great until the software kept crashing. Running win 8.1 64bit.

Set the curve temp and ran ibt which is when the software started to crash.

Just trying win 7 on another drive.

Associate
OP
Exactly this.

OP - Make sure that both rad fans are under "CPU temp" group. Once you have change that under RPM device set up, be sure save it under that profile then run p95 again and see if the fan curve you have set up works.

I have the same cooler and Corsair Link works fine.

thanks for the help Greybeard, have just tried this again on a clean install of Windows 7 and no change. All the other options work apart from custom curve.

Have the 3 pin connector from the pump connected to "CPU FAN" (4 pin) on the mobo.
Fan splitter cable (4pin) connected to both fans.
Link cable connected from the pump block to "USB header" CL software only shows 1 fan for the radiator, guessing this is correct?

PmHY04M.jpg

Associate
OP
Thanks for posting those photos Rensin, it clearly shows that the fan didn't even bulge with CPU temp at 62°C. And you should have 2 H80i GT fans in Link as well, not 1.

I may have missed it, but is this Corsair Link version 3.xx? because I know 2.xx version is not compatible with H80i GT. I just wanted to make sure.

using the latest release, 3.1.5525 .... did try the 2x release but as you say that version is incompatible.

Have tried the stock fans that came with the H80GT as I read that the CL is fussy on which fans are connected? (maybe reading in the wrong place) but no change on this.

Have finished setting the Grid+ up tonight with all 6 fans connected which upto now is working as the box describes, only downside is all fans run at the same speed.

Associate
OP
The fans that are connected to the pump should be labeled "H80iGT Cooler fan" in Corsair Link dashboard like the one you have in that screen shot above. So since you have 2 fans connected to the Y splitter, then you should see 2 separate fans in Corsair Link that you can control independently.

Before I submit this case to our validation team, did you make sure that those fans are under "CPU temp" group in your Link? that's very important that you change that in C Link configuration.. Plus, the change in rpm will not happen instantaneously, give it some time to react based on your CPU temp.

Hi,

H80iGT Cooler Fan was moved to "I7 2600k Temps" group and saved. Prime95 has ran for 40 mins with no change but will re-run P95 tonight for 60mins and screenshot.

Associate
OP
Save button was pressed after settings were changed.

Screenshot of the groups screen plus ran p95 for just over an hour and no change.

Settings must have changed and the groups set as the H80iGT & CPU Temp both have number 3 next to them (Group 3)

EIqrPZy.jpg
ZwoYdyw.jpg

Associate
OP
That's really odd.. Corsair Link sees the fan but does not want to follow the fan curve assigned to it. Can you at least change the mode? from quiet mode to performance mode?

What if you change the group and put it under "H80i GT" group? then run P95, see if that will change behavior.

Also, I didn't see the 2nd fan in your C Link dashboard, you have 2 fans connected to the pump right?

Changing modes work perfect, can manually set rpm and works as set.

changing groups makes no difference too, tried putting the cooler fan in group 1 with no difference.

correct, 2x akasa viper fans connected directly to the pump via the fan splitter cable. Just noticed in the pic above, Asustek mobo cpu aux fan, is this the second fan connected to the pump?

Would anything need changing in the BIOS?

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Not sure how I missed this.. Have you tried using the stock fans? if the stock fan works fine, then that would suggest that those Akasa fans are reason why it's complying with the C Link fan curve.

tried the stock fans too mate, mentioned earlier in the thread with no change.

Associate
OP
Sorry for asking man, I totally missed that part. Anyway, I'll go ahead submit a case for this anomaly so our guys over at validation can verify and we'll if they can replicate the problem. I have all the technical info I need from you so we can investigate further. I'll get back to you and provide updates as they come along.

no problem, appreciate your help.

will check BIOS setting tomorrow to see if I can change anything.

Associate
OP
Not heard nothing so still have the same problem. Has only been a couple of weeks since Greybeard submitted a case and looking on the corsair forum they probably have a few cases to work before this 1.

I am using the Grid+ so not in a rush for a fix although wouldn't mind knowing what the problem is (maybe a firmware fix?)

Back
Top Bottom