Cpu and gpu combo

Associate
Hi, I am going to build a mid range pc for 1440p gaming, coding and blender/other similar applications. I want a pc that can run games well in 1440p, and can create smooth animations even with complex meshes and builds that take a lot of rendering. Keeping budget in mind, should I go with the rx 7700xt and the r5 7600, or the 7800xt and the i5 12600k. I have heard that the r5 7600 is quite a bit better, so I’m wondering if the 7800xt is worth the price upgrade on the7700xt. So which pair should I go for? Or any other suggestion? Thanks :) however, of course the i5 is a lot cheaper right now and would fit better into budget with the 7800xt, but the 7600 is a bit to expensive to pair With the 7800xt with my budget.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
This channel does content creation reviews and he generally advises for 3D work that you go with nvidia. I suspect that the 12600K and a 4070 would be by far the best combination.

There's some numbers in this review:

Last edited:
Associate
OP
This channel does content creation reviews and he generally advises for 3D work that you go with nvidia. I suspect that the 12600K and a 4070 would be by far the best combination.

There's some numbers in this review:
Ok thankyou I’ll take that into consideration.

Man of Honour
Also let’s assume I had to choose one of the combos, which would be optimised as im not some professional I just do it as a skilled hobby (blender)
For gaming, you're almost always better off going with the stronger graphics card and as the resolution increases, that is only more true, but for heavy applications: the 12600K does have more oomph. You are much more likely to get decent CPU upgrades in the future if you go AM5 though, which outweighs the superior multithreaded app performance, in my opinion.

Both CPUs work with the same kind of coolers (i.e. one isn't a lot more demanding than the other), so that's not a factor either, but the 7600 non-X does come with a cooler you could use and that may bring their prices closer.

Back
Top Bottom