Creative T20 Series II speakers standby mode?

Associate
I`ve just bought some Creative T20 Series II speakers and have found to my annoyance that they go into standby mode after a 10 minutes without audio. This means that you lose alert sound and the first few seconds of audio when they start up again.

Anyone know how to disable this or is it a fault.

Associate
OP
It appears the standby mode on the T20 speakers is meant to be there and is not a fault. There is no mention of it in the manual or the spec on there site. From Creative

"Hi Customer,

Good Day!

We have received your question about the Gigabits 20 Series II turning off after 10 minutes.

With regards to that, it's normal that it will automatically turn off after some time when there is no music being played, then it will automatically turn on once it detects a music.

If the above is not your case, kindly provide us more information on the issue.

If you still require assistance, please reply to this email and include any previous correspondence to ensure a quick response.

Regards,

Ryan
Creative Worldwide Customer Response"

Associate
OP
After 10 minutes or so of no sound though the system the speakers go into standby mode with the light on the volume switch turning off. When the speaker detect sound the light comes straight on but it takes about 3 seconds before you get any sound from the speakers. Any alerts that sound when in standby mode have come and gone before the speakers have started up again. If not for this I would be very happy with these speakers. Anyone else have this?

Associate
OP
I sent the first pair of speakers back for replacement before I got the message from creative. The new one's work the same. They will by going back as well, no good if they miss alert from programs because they have gone into standby mode.

Back
Top Bottom