CTEK MXS 7.0 and Comfort Connect - AMG C63 (W204)

Associate
Evening All,

Without going into too much detail, I've been meaning to get a trickle charger / battery charger for my Mercedes-AMG C63 507 for a while now as it can sit for a while without use, I've kind of been forced this week as I'm having alternator issues (will be getting replaced in about 2-3 weeks time)..... So I'm really needing to keep a permanent charge on the car to avoid any potential breakdowns until its fixed (car isn't used for big commutes or work, but it is still my daily).

Anyway, I've bought a CTEK MXS 7.0 and the CTEK comfort connector which is a permanent attachment to the battery for quick connect/disconnect, what my concern is though is this car is permanently on a driveway under a fitted car cover, would I have any issues running the charger from my garage, under the garage door and into the boot with it been outside and open to the environment? I would surmise that the main part of the charger and connections can just sit inside the boot, so only thing open to the elements would be the cable/s.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Man of Honour
Should be find if it's in the boot and out of the damp. I tend to leave mine on the windscreen wiper and the cables slide into the bonnet when closed easily and I just use the croc clips, which are easy enough for me. Mine is garaged however and sometimes under a car cover too (top stop spider droppings!!).

Associate
OP
Should be find if it's in the boot and out of the damp. I tend to leave mine on the windscreen wiper and the cables slide into the bonnet when closed easily and I just use the croc clips, which are easy enough for me. Mine is garaged however and sometimes under a car cover too (top stop spider droppings!!).
Cheers man, aye on the front/under the bonnet is kind of out of the question for me, so will have to go straight to the battery terminal in the boot, may buy some cheap flexible conduit just for extra protection of the wires, but yeah main charger and all connections will be enclosed in the boot.

Associate
OP
Assuming a nice thick rubber seal that the cable can simply bed into when the boot is shut I'd be perfectly fine with that setup.
Yeah should be fine, the boot on the 507 is lightweight/flexible anyway so shouldn't but too much strain on any cables and has a nice thick rubber seal around it.

Last edited:
Associate
just a quickie (ohh err) if your battery is in the boot ,when you need a jump start dont you have a positive point under the bonnet to connect the jump lead live too? if so why not bolt the c tek connector to that and the earth to a suitable earth point (bolt etc) it will still charge with it.
i know on my c max it has the negative terminal of the battery buried under the front scuttle, but a large bolt like terminal to the right of the battery for connecting jump lead negative too.
that way you can connect the charger and leave it on the front screen while charging or scuttle.

Associate
OP
just a quickie (ohh err) if your battery is in the boot ,when you need a jump start dont you have a positive point under the bonnet to connect the jump lead live too? if so why not bolt the c tek connector to that and the earth to a suitable earth point (bolt etc) it will still charge with it.
i know on my c max it has the negative terminal of the battery buried under the front scuttle, but a large bolt like terminal to the right of the battery for connecting jump lead negative too.
that way you can connect the charger and leave it on the front screen while charging or scuttle.
You're right, but as I've said above connecting it to the front jump points is out of the question due to the car's position on my drive, also the CTEK comes with an adaptor connector which is meant to be permanently attached directly to the battery clamps in the boot for quick connect / disconnect..... the car can be left for up to 2 months when I'm out of the country, so just leaving it on the jump points isn't really a solution or option long term, especially for trickle charging.

Back
Top Bottom