Current Account

Associate
Myself and my wife are looking to change joint current accounts.
We are with VM at the moment but have been looking into others, Starling Bank looks decent.
Any of you have these online only accounts?
Can you withdraw from any ATM? Also, can you add them to Google wallet, etc.
Any advice feedback would be appreciated.

Jon.

Associate
I have a join account with Monzo. Everything done in the app and we both had cards for the account sent to us. You can withdraw from ATMs (monthly limit I think, we dont use the cards as it's bills only in the account). I can add my normal monzo account to Google wallet so I would guess you can add it.

Caporegime
I have a join account with Monzo. Everything done in the app and we both had cards for the account sent to us. You can withdraw from ATMs (monthly limit I think, we dont use the cards as it's bills only in the account). I can add my normal monzo account to Google wallet so I would guess you can add it.
You can. I have my Monzo joint account card in my Apple Pay wallet.

Soldato
Killer feature on Monzo is being able to get paid a day early, I was able to get access to my salary today rather than next Tuesday.

Monzo Flex is also a great way of spreading big purchases over a few months.

Had a personal and JA with them since they were Mondo and barely ever had an issue. Great in the UK and abroad. No extra charges on exchange transactions, just done at the current (best) MasterCard rate.

Also look at Chase, they give 1% back up to £15 per month on spending (worth a max £180 back a year).

Starling are also great, just lacking in "free" extras the others give.

The pots and spaces features on Monzo and Starling are very good for budgeting too, you can spend some time to fully automate everything too.

Associate
I've been with First Direct since 1993 and would highly recommend them.

You can use HSBC branches.
You can phone them 24/7.
You can use all ATMs (well, I've never encountered one I can't).
You can do almost everything with the phone app.

No idea about google wallet... don't use it.

Caporegime
Killer feature on Monzo is being able to get paid a day early, I was able to get access to my salary today rather than next Tuesday.

Monzo Flex is also a great way of spreading big purchases over a few months.

Had a personal and JA with them since they were Mondo and barely ever had an issue. Great in the UK and abroad. No extra charges on exchange transactions, just done at the current (best) MasterCard rate.

Also look at Chase, they give 1% back up to £15 per month on spending (worth a max £180 back a year).

Starling are also great, just lacking in "free" extras the others give.

The pots and spaces features on Monzo and Starling are very good for budgeting too, you can spend some time to fully automate everything too.
Monzo flex is the best credit card on the market. It’s executed perfectly

Soldato
Only bad thing I found with. Monzo is you couldn't use the card at the post office although I think that's changed now but don't know if there are any conditions attached

Soldato
We have a joint account with Starling, and my main account is also Starling. Never had an issue, everything perfect

Back
Top Bottom