DCS & Quest 2

Soldato
Anyone on here play DCS with a Quest, specifically, but not limited to the 2, any other Quest type AR/VR headset could also have valid input..

I've been playing with a friends Q2 for about a week now, and while its really useful to be able to look around to actually see whats going on, I still need to use the keyboard for various controls, which obviously I cant do when I've got a headset on..
Most flight/fight controls are on my HOTAS, but there's still a fair few controls that are on the keyboard...

I cant be the only person with this sort of issue and am wondering what other people are doing to get around the issue..

Soldato
OP
I'm wondering if just using my webcam for head tracking, or maybe getting a Tobii Eye Tracker might be a better solution than the Quest, I certainly don't play enough to warrant going down the WinWing route with all the panels, but an eye tracker could at least also be used for Windows Hello...

Soldato
OP
Yeah head trackings where I started, but then a mate said I could borrow his Q2 so I've had that for a week or so now, immersion wise its an absolute game changer, after nearly making myself sick inverted at treetop level in a TF-51 dropping into the F15C and doing a bit of 1v1 dogfighting its something else entirely and other than the fact one eye is slightly out of focus, which would possibly be solved by moving to the Q3 with its pancake lenses the only thing stopping me is not being able to use the keyboard for certain things.

What would help is maybe the headset being able to flip up and down quickly so I could see the keyboard, or if the hand tracking without the controllers was good enough to actually use the cockpit as you would IRL...

Soldato
OP
A double tap on the side of the Q2/Q3 brings up passthrough mode if you need to see a keyboard for a few moments.

You're starting to make me think that maybe a RTFM session is in order...

I literally took it out of the case, plugged it in, had a quick poke around the website to find the software and that was it...

Soldato
OP
I'm thinking that I prefer head tracking over VR for DCS, there's so many other things that need to happen outside of HOTAS that it just not viable.
Something like IL2, or something where you have less controls would probably work really well, but in modern jets, I don't think it works for me.

Back
Top Bottom