Decisions Decisions... Help

Associate
Afternoon All,

I'm after some inspiration and thoughts on a couple of cases I am looking at... I just can't decide which would be better suited.

The first case I am looking at is the Fractal North in Black. I like the aesthetics and "grown up" look of this case and would look well sat on my oak desk.
The second case I am looking at is the Lian Li O11 Vision in Black. I like this case as it shows off your setup.

So I suppose my question is what would be most suited to the components I am choosing (fitment, cooling etc)
Below is a list of the main components I am looking to order:

CPU: AMD 7800X3D
GPU: Powercolour Radeon 7900 XTX Red Devil
MB: ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming
Cooler: 360mm AIO Cooler (not decided which yet)

Anyone got some real world experience with either of these cases? Pros/Cons?

Man of Honour
Powercolor's website says that it is length: 348mm (with bracket) and the Fractal case says max GPU length is 355mm, whereas the Lian Li says 430mm.

Associate
Using the North Mesh (tried the TG before) but wanted an all metal case now. I’m using t30s all around and the Phantom Spirit Evo. TUF 4080 just fit.
For AIO, the only choice would be top or side (mesh). But for the 7800x3D, no reason to put up with noisy AIO pumps.
Tried the DeepCool Morpheus and the new Arctic Freezer III 420. No real benefit. Tried the Shadow Base 800 FX. Unless Phanteks release a 140mm T30, I’ll stick with the North.
The only cases that may offer slightly better thermals, specially for the GPU, are the O11 and variants. Bottom intake is great for GPU, but the North with good fans won’t disappoint.

Associate
Fractal north only gives 300mm for Gpu when using a 360 radiator at the front.

The support for a radiator at the top is 240 only and then has limited ram clearance.

Think your GPU / cooler combination is too big. I wanted that case too. I went with basically the same parts list but with the asus 7900xtx and decided it was too small.

Apparently there is now an XL - didn’t realise. I would have definitely built in one if that had been available in November.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom