Default IP addy for belkin router?

Soldato
Ive been given the task of setting up my parents wireless network, he upgraded his wireless internet at work, but since the router was setup at work about a year ago, we have no idea of the default ip address for the belkin.

Ive tried 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.100, 192.168.0.100

I dont remember changing it when i set it up at his office ages ago, does anyone know the default setting for it?

Associate
well you didnt say you has tried the belkin site so it was just a suggestion, also it would be a lot quicker and easier to just do a search for your router type in google and find the IP in a few minutes rather than waiting for replys on here

Associate
PC's IP will usually be one number higher than the routers, look in your connections folder at your network setting.

If not hard reset the router (with power on hold pin in the hole at the rear for 20 seconds). DHCP server should then be on by default, if your netwrk connection is set to auto it should pick up an IP one higher than the routers.

my guess is the router will be on
192.168.2.1 or maybe 192.168.0.1 depending on model

Associate
not sure if some one has mentioned this or not but:

plug your pc into the router and power it on, then when you get a dhcp address

right click on your network card go to staus and then the gateway IP will be the IP of the router.

Assuming DHCP is set up on it

Back
Top Bottom