**Dell PowerEdge T20 Mini Tower Server - Owner Thread**

Soldato
I've just bought one of these to replace my micoserver due to the current cashback offer and needing some extra speed.

Went for the basic spec one as it's only used for RSS downloading and storage and streaming.

I'll be looking to mod mine to take more drives as I don't want to upgrade my storage drives just yet to save some money.

The current plan is to have 1 ssd for OS and a further 4-6 3.5" drives for storage.

Any of you guys have one?, Pics, specs, experiences, problems etc share it all here!

Soldato
OP
I'm yet to take delivery of mine but i'm coming from a N36L :o mega old so should see a massive improvement in performance.

I'm running win7 on my n36l but may try something different on the new one, basically use RSS downloader in uTorrent, mySQL and SMB file sharing at the moment.

Soldato
OP
Well I've got mine setup, just basic running Win7 for file share and RSS downloading.

Much faster than my age old N36L.

My plan is to add more drives, I have 1x250gb ssd for OS and swap, 1x 3tb and 2x 2tb.

I'm going to add another cage for 3 3.5" hdd's and use a power cable extension and raid card to add the sata ports.

Should be doing this within the next month or so as I need more storage.

Back
Top Bottom