Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM ok for gaming?

Soldato
Hi all,

I currently have a Samsung syncmaster 2232BW but it has developed a fault and now all the control buttons don't work correctly, so the on/off button now brings up the magic bright menu :rolleyes::p. So think its time for a new monitor.

Been looking into IPS as they would be beneficial as I do a bit of photography as a hobby. I also like the better viewing angles IPS offers. I do do a fair bit of gaming, so don't want it to ghost too badly.

Probably going to go for the Dell Ultrasharp U2312HM as the U2312M seems to get good reviews. Apart from the black levels, which is a shame.

Is the Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS worth a look? I can't find any reviews on it and don't know if Iiyama is a decent make.

I taken the Asus PA238Q 23" off my list as there seems to be a lot with backlight bleed issues.

TL;DR - see title :p

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Haha :o

Thanks, I read the first review a few days back and that's what initially put me off buying it due to the fact they seemed to really not like the black levels. Will have a look at the second review in a sec. Its the pictures showing the level of ghosting thats also putting me off. I did try to find a review of my current monitor so I could compare the two but they dont appear to have reviewed it.

You don't happen to know of any reviews of the Iiyama Prolite X2377HDS do you?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the help. I think I'll give the Dell a go as I have found it for around £180, which is cheaper than I paid for this Samsung TN monitor I got about 3 years ago.

I'd imagine the blacks will still be an improvement on my 2232bw and hopefully the screen wont go lighter or darker depending on how much I slouch in my chair.

Soldato
OP
Hmm, seems there are two opinions of how bad the ghosting is.

I think i'd consider myself a casual gamer. I don't game every day and am not great at online fps. I mainly play coop online games like L4D and also a lot of single player FPS games. I do enjoy gaming a lot and would hate for the experience to be ruined by ghosting.

Just out of interest, is it the same with the Dell UltraSharp U2711 27"? I was looking at getting a bigger monitor but at the moment my hardware wouldn't cope with the extra res. It was something I was considering for a future build but I'll scratch that if this would be the same.

Back
Top Bottom