US: Dexter Season 8 (contains spoilers)

Soldato
Sunday, June 30th

Looks like it could be a great conclusion to a brilliant series. Sure it has its ups and downs, but I've always thought it awesome.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I'm guessing that Dexter's Dad went to her when he was young for advice on how to handle a sociopath / psychopath? She is one of the foremost experts after all. Perhaps she was the architect of 'the code', or at least a part of its conception? If so, will be interesting to see how Dexter reacts to her. Over the past few series he's started to develop a resentment towards his father for putting him on this path - at least at times.

Dexter was one of her patients therefore. Directly or indirectly I guess.

Interestingly for her, that Dexter has gone 'off-code' of late with some 'uncontrolled; violence and kills.

Soldato
OP
but the problem is they have a central character that gets away with far too much with no consequences and we have had 7 seasons of it already...and now were expected to believe that this top dog super psycho hunter wants Dexter on her side instead of simply shutting him down? come on....its a little ridiculous for a final season.

Why dont they just focus on Deb and Dex relationship for the season and make it as authentic and as gritty as they can, leading to some massive showdown...they dont need these side stories thrown in at this stage of the show (which basically amount to villain of the week/season) since all the characters have massive back stories that they can use.

Have you only watched the first ep of Season 8? Because Deb and Dexter is pretty much the focus thus far and in a way it is a little entwined with the small Vogel subplot.

Soldato
OP
Well based on the preview of the next episodes, it seems questionable that the 'Morgan family' will make it to Argentina.

I can see one or the other (Dexter and Harrison or Hannah and Harrison) making it out, Dexter sacrificing himself for his son?

Anyway, sure this show is only half-interesting now because I have invested all that time in the last 7 season. I need to know the ending.

Soldato
OP
Well its over folks.

A sad and sorry ending that didn't deliver much of anything. I guess I'll go back and watch the first few seasons to cheer myself up.

It's been an honor.

Back
Top Bottom