Discord

Associate
So i currently use a secondary 24" 1080p monitor for discord so i can watch my friends in games that we all play together to help each other in these coop games. When i watch 2-4 streams at once they go very small aspect. I'm wondering how different would it be if i upgraded to a 24" 1440p monitor. Would it still do the same and make all streams smaller but having more screen space at 1440p would make each stream slightly larger aspect? anyone experienced this?

Last edited:
Soldato
You won't actually have more screen space
24 is 24 regardless of resolution
1440p will actually make things appear slightly smaller
Though will be a lot sharper image than 1080p

Should say just tested this on 27 at 1080p and 1440p
But I did 4 equal windows/rectangles
I don't know what aspect ratio your discord streams are

Associate
OP
Do you have a screenshot for an example? I have a feeling a bigger resolution may not help. You could test this by using Nvidia's DSR to allow 1440p on the current screen, quality won't be as good but it's a way to check if that helps with Discord: https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...w-to-enable-dynamic-super-resolution-in-games
Forgot all about dsr but that didn't work. it would seem the size stays the same.

Tested my 1440p primary monitor while watching 3 streams and got the same size streams. The higher resolution monitor just increases sharpness where discord is concerned. Thanks for checking ;)

Soldato
Forgot all about dsr but that didn't work. it would seem the size stays the same.

Tested my 1440p primary monitor while watching 3 streams and got the same size streams. The higher resolution monitor just increases sharpness where discord is concerned. Thanks for checking ;)
Personally I found anything under 27 (and at least 1440p)
The balance between size and sharpness wasn't there
When splitting the screen into 2 or 4 windows
For me anyway 27 at 1440p gives a decent balance
2 Web browsers etc side by side works
4 just about works though the windows are on the small side
Not ideal for some things but other things would be ok
No need for sideward scrolling to see everything
Possibly 32 or 34 at 1440p would also be OK
Though assume you would lose a bit of dpi to gain extra screen estate
Since resolution is still 1440p

Soldato

Surely this depends on the scaling? A higher DPI screen has the ability to display more on the same size screen, sure what's been display would be smaller, but due to the density can cram more details into a smaller space thus increasing the amount on a screen. However the scaling % will allow the screen to display the same size as another given res for the same " montior just as mentioned with more detail, less pixelation.

An example, a 27" display with the pixel density of a flagship mobile phone would be able to display an immense amount of content on with excellent clarity, sure you might need a magnifying glass to see everything.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom