Do I need a new PSU?

Associate
This rebuild for my kid is doing my nut in, various issue after issues and I just want to get it back to him.

Anyway the latest hurdle now it’s half built is CPU power. Board is a b760, 14700kf.

PSU is an 850m - only has 8 pin cpu power, not the extra 4 pin this board has.

Can I get a type 4 cable to 4 pin or does it need a new PSU?

Thanks

Man of Honour
It should run without it, but the 8 pin EPS12v (or at least, one of them) should split apart.

Can't advise on cable availability without a model name.

Associate
OP
It should run without it, but the 8 pin EPS12v (or at least, one of them) should split apart.

Can't advise on cable availability without a model name.
It’s a Corsair 850m. It’s semi modular so has board and 8 pin (4+4) hard wired and rest modular. The motherboard has 8 pin and 4 pin inputs. I’ve got no 4 pin modular cables for the PSU.

The CPU maxes at 253 watts I believe.

Man of Honour
It’s a Corsair 850m. It’s semi modular so has board and 8 pin (4+4) hard wired and rest modular. The motherboard has 8 pin and 4 pin inputs. I’ve got no 4 pin modular cables for the PSU.

The CPU maxes at 253 watts I believe.
Tx m PSU only has one 8 pin EPs connector that's should deletiver enough power but there's no cable available from Corsair that I could find.

The txm doesn't have enough modular connections for it, the only thing I could suggest is buy a a molex to 4 pin EPs cable or sata to 4 pin eps cable.

Associate
OP
Tx m PSU only has one 8 pin EPs connector that's should deletiver enough power but there's no cable available from Corsair that I could find.

The txm doesn't have enough modular connections for it, the only thing I could suggest is buy a a molex to 4 pin EPs cable or sata to 4 pin eps cable.
Thanks. If it doesn’t power up with the single 8 pin I’ll just try find a used PSU locally.

already got click and collect parts to get from over clockers in the morning. It’s been offline since Xmas day when I ripped it apart and realised I’d missed a few bits ‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom