*** Offical Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread ***

Soldato
Noticed there was no thread about this game, just mentioned in the first game about it so thought I make one !

Capcom had a Highlights presentation yesterday about the game and another game, Kunitsu-Gami Path of the Godness (in case anyone were interested)

In the presentation they mentioned that the Character Creation is going to be out before the game, well, actually it is now out and can be found over at steam

Or if you have PS5 or Xbox Series X|S you can go here and scroll down to click on the links for those

Here is a link to the Official Website -

A bit o a Gameplay overview from the showcase from GameSpot -

Associate
From what I’ve seen and heard, performance appears to be an issue - on consoles at least. Which may not bode well for PC optimisation either. Think I’ll wait for post launch feedback before considering picking it up.

Associate
True, but performance is looking really bad on console ie. an uncapped 20 - 30 fps, with no performance mode for higher frame rate. Although Elden Ring had some technical issues at launch ( on all platforms ) on PS5 it still managed between 45-55 fps versus a locked 60 fps on PC. From perusing social media many console players are planning on giving the game a pass at launch and waiting for reviews, or buying the game on discount further down the line. Most seem to agree buying this game on PC is probably the safest option ... but how many will ? The original DD sort of has a "cult" following, it was never a massive mainstream success on PC or console unlike the souls games.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
True, but performance is looking really bad on console ie. an uncapped 20 - 30 fps, with no performance mode for higher frame rate. Although Elden Ring had some technical issues at launch ( on all platforms ) on PS5 it still managed between 45-55 fps versus a locked 60 fps on PC. From perusing social media many console players are planning on giving the game a pass at launch and waiting for reviews, or buying the game on discount further down the line. Most seem to agree buying this game on PC is probably the safest option ... but how many will ? The original DD sort of has a "cult" following, it was never a massive mainstream success on PC or console unlike the souls games.
Hopefully DLSS will go a long way to aiding with any performance issues on PC

Associate
I can usually go either way between PC or console but this time I went PC after the uncapped 30fps reports. I wonder if the rumoured demo appears in the coming weeks. I'm not one for character creators, default or a few taps of randomise is usually good enough for me.

Man of Honour
Just had a go of the Character Creator for this, all I can say is WOW...what an exceptional character creator, never seen a character creator go into this depth. The hair blends, your walking posture, changing the angle of your knees and elbows for your walking movements, being able to define how much of a squint you have in your eye/s , even being able to have an eye closed. Options I've not seen in other games.

Man of Honour
Got enough games to play already lol, and then HZFW later this month!

BVzYxmR.png

Back
Top Bottom