*** Offical Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread ***

Associate
Refunded, performance is terrible in the towns, no way I can enjoy it like this. Technically you could cap at 60fps and have a somewhat "good" experience. I don't really do 60fps anymore, neither do I feel like rewarding mediocrity.

The combat and game as a whole just feels janky and unfinished.

Last edited:
Associate
I usually like higher than 60fps but for a game like this I'd be fine with 60... unfortunately mine drops to 30fps in towns, for me it's a CPU bottleneck (5900X) because 1080p/1440p makes no difference. I'm still really enjoying the game though, hopefully they can optimise performance a bit when there's a lot of NPCs about

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone else getting random enemy encounters in Vernworth ? Up to now I have had a pack of Wolves and a few of the Saurian creatures just randomly spawn in the middle of the town square :confused: I know you can lure enemies back in but I haven't been out of the town since my last rest.

Spoke to soon, woke up from an inn in one of the cities and bunch of enemies spawned outside :p

Soldato
Praydog REFramework VR mod has been updated for use with DD2, but with the current FPS issues it might be best to wait a bit.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I usually like higher than 60fps but for a game like this I'd be fine with 60... unfortunately mine drops to 30fps in towns, for me it's a CPU bottleneck (5900X) because 1080p/1440p makes no difference. I'm still really enjoying the game though, hopefully they can optimise performance a bit when there's a lot of NPCs about

I'm much the same as you, I'm 60fps with the settings on high out in the wilds, but in the main city I drop to 30-40fps but frankly I'm ok with that, I'm not doing anything in the main city other than buying and selling anyway and I spend 90% of my gametime outside of the main city so I can live with it :)

Associate
I'm much the same as you, I'm 60fps with the settings on high out in the wilds, but in the main city I drop to 30-40fps but frankly I'm ok with that, I'm not doing anything in the main city other than buying and selling anyway and I spend 90% of my gametime outside of the main city so I can live with it :)
Yeah it's certainly nothing that would stop me enjoying the game (I'm used to Bloodborne with it's 30fps + bad frame pacing anyway). It'd be nice if they manage to improve it a little bit in the future, although based on their non-committal news post about performance vs NPCs I'm not sure they will. Apart from when I got attacked by about 10 different enemy types at the same time I'm usually getting 60fps out in the open too which is good enough for me

Associate
Spoke to soon, woke up from an inn in one of the cities and bunch of enemies spawned outside :p
Yup, just had an ogre spawn at the northern entrance to Vernworth which then made a beeline for the market square before I took it down. Seemed scripted to me rather than a bug.

Associate
Ended up playing this for around 4-5 hours last night.

I did have one major game breaking issue around 3 hours into my play that resulted in me losing a huge chunk of progress and having to redo a whole bunch of quests... one of my pawns was standing too close to me near the edge of a cliff and I ended up sliding halfway down it. The game then decided that was a perfect place to save, so I got stuck in a loop of falling into the brine and then loading back onto the side of the cliff. In the end, I ended up rolling back to the save from when I slept in that first inn.

Other than that annoyance, I'm enjoying the game so far and am having fun with the Archer vocation. I think that's the only major glitch that I've noticed up to this point in my playthrough, though I'm now expecting from random monsters to spawn in towns after reading some of the other comments.

Associate
Just under 12 hours played and I'm really enjoying this game, I was a bit wary as I really didn't get on with the first one. Performance is lacking obviously in certain areas, most of my time has been spent outside the big town so far however. The game is just packed with really great moments and you know what, not having an easy access fast travel really plays well with the exploration of this world. If there hadn't been all the drama I'm not sure I'd have even noticed the store option on the main screen & I'd be none the wiser.

Something I found out the hard way that if your hired pawn dies and you enter a rift then they are removed from your party. The pawn was so eager to show me a cave entrance which just so happened to be next to a rift, they then slid down a cliff to their demise & I decided it would be a good idea to enter the rift. Queue stuck in the wilds at night with only 2 pawns and deteriorating health :D

Last edited:
Associate
What does everyone think about the dragon plague mechanic ? Anyone had it affect one of their pawns ? Not sure I like the premise ... could completely ruin a playthrough given the game only allows one save file.

Soldato
What does everyone think about the dragon plague mechanic ? Anyone had it affect one of their pawns ? Not sure I like the premise ... could completely ruin a playthrough given the game only allows one save file.

I saw a message notifying me of the mechanic when I pulled a pawn from the rift (tutorial message so expect it showed as first time I pulld someone with the plague and will not show again) . Got rid of said Pawn right away. It seems its the Pawns which are heavily used and shared, so for me was a capcom pawn. Wondering if I should stay away from those and go for those with low votes now hmmmm. Seems you can cure them by letting pawns getting killed fully it seems, I am going to throw them into the river periodically I think more so as killed pair of Dragons recently which start the chain. :p

But yeah not a fan of the mechanic, played a lot but barely touched any quests, so if they nuked a town, imagine that would put an end to a lot of quest lines so would be very annoying. I think it would be okay if there was a build up to it would be better like killing people or something randomly. Would be a cool mechanic if there was not one save slot as you say.

Soldato
You have telltale signs to prevent anything bad happening. So the pawn will eventually get red eyes. Another sign is them holding their head in their hands and also being flippant towards you when in a fight. As mentioned above you can throw the affected pawn over a bridge into water and then get a different one from the rift, or respawn your own pawn if that is the one affected. If you have not had a popup warning sign first then you don't need to worry.

Associate
I saw a message notifying me of the mechanic when I pulled a pawn from the rift (tutorial message so expect it showed as first time I pulld someone with the plague and will not show again) . Got rid of said Pawn right away. It seems its the Pawns which are heavily used and shared, so for me was a capcom pawn. Wondering if I should stay away from those and go for those with low votes now hmmmm. Seems you can cure them by letting pawns getting killed fully it seems, I am going to throw them into the river periodically I think more so as killed pair of Dragons recently which start the chain. :p

But yeah not a fan of the mechanic, played a lot but barely touched any quests, so if they nuked a town, imagine that would put an end to a lot of quest lines so would be very annoying. I think it would be okay if there was a build up to it would be better like killing people or something randomly. Would be a cool mechanic if there was not one save slot as you say.
It can happen to any pawn not just frequently used ones. The potential triggers are : 1. infected following an attack by a dragon or drake 2. infection via another pawn in your party. 3. your main pawn can be infected via points 1 & 2 and can pass on the infection to other pawns you bring into your party.

Technically there is a build up for several days before all hell lets loose, but the signs can be tricky to spot eg. glowing red eyes on character but as many pawns wear helms the eyes aren't clearly visible. In the final stages the affected pawn will sometimes hold their head and complain of headaches when the party is standing idle and they begin to ignore the Arisen's commands and do their own thing. Again, this isn't always easy to spot if they have a more "independent" personality to begin with.

Back
Top Bottom