*** Offical Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread ***

Associate
So I guess my Mage lives in a rock now :o No idea how to get Her out. Hopefully She will catch up when I leave the cave.

Screenshot-2024-03-26-214939.png
There's definitely some rubbing banding on pawns. I may have gotten a griffin assisted lift across half the map and shortly before a death screen I could see my pawns beacons moving to keep up.

Soldato
Going to start this one soon properly, took a pause to play Rise of the Ronin which appeared on the same day.

I've used the save mod manager thing so I can begin again.

Any other must have mods? I don't really want to mod or change the game a ton. I heard the FG mod adds some issues of it's own.

Soldato
If you have not found any seeker stones (they look like a large coin), make sure you note where you found your first one. There is a quest later in that asks you to go back to that spot. It is a total pain in the hole and is utterly idiotic to expect people to know this.

Also as a tip. Any enchantment materials do not need to be in your main inventory. Place them in storage and they will be used and shown when you enchant weapons at vendors.

Soldato
Patch out for this today:

We have released an update including the following modifications and fixes:
  • Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists.
  • Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99.
  • Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.
  • Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled.
  • Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings.
  • Miscellaneous text display issues.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure why, but really feels my pawns are getting dumber as they are levelling up. Just standing back or watching me get hammered or stunned then joining the fray so much later.

That said a neat feature if you run Sorcerer and a pawn does too, seem to be able to combine spells which is neat.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure why, but really feels my pawns are getting dumber as they are levelling up. Just standing back or watching me get hammered or stunned then joining the fray so much later.

That said a neat feature if you run Sorcerer and a pawn does too, seem to be able to combine spells which is neat.
I had a 'Lemmings' moment with all my 3 pawns. I managed to fall down a steep cliff to my death, so I used a wakestone and the game decided to spawn me at the bottom. No way I could climb back up, so I just stood there helplessly as my pawns decided to follow me :D Luckily I managed to revive all of them.

I noticed the combine magic thing as well. Not sure if it is any quicker though as it is hard to gauge. I keep swapping my main pawn vocation, but I think I will keep her as a Sorcerer now that I have the two master spells.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a 'Lemmings' moment with all my 3 pawns. I managed to fall down a steep cliff to my death, so I used a wakestone and the game decided to spawn me at the bottom. No way I could climb back up, so I just stood there helplessly as my pawns decided to follow me :D Luckily I managed to revive all of them.

I noticed the combine magic thing as well. Not sure if it is any quicker though as it is hard to gauge. I keep swapping my main pawn vocation, but I think I will keep her as a Sorcerer now that I have the two master spells.

hahahah, some real crazy moments in this game like that. :D These Harpies and similar, bane of my life I feel at time!

Yeah defo does work quicker, more so on the master spells like. Would say about a third quicker, though they only come over and help after you get it going so overall only speeds it up a bit unless they are standing right next to you.

Associate
I just unlocked the trickster vocation and that's an odd one. At level 39, my pawns just kill everything and I'm not sure if my smoke clouds and ghost guy did anything at all.

Soldato
Trickster is a a nice in theory class but does not translate well into this game. None of your abilities directly attack. So the ghost guy taunts enemies to attack him, the smoke cloud one debuff's enemies, the other buff's your allies very well (However while its potent it also damages your allies slowly so on balance is not ideal to use IMO) Some of the other stuff is to set up illusions on floor or to create walls but it does not work well in the environment. Its a very situational class and does not work that great, heck I did try for a while and maxed the vocation on it lol.

For me the perks really you can apply to other class's was the biggest benefit. Oh and there is a lantern you can get in the game which whenever you hit the enemy each time with it, nets you 10 gold, 100 gold 30% of the time and like 1000 gold 10% of the time with each hit, can be a nice little money makes :D

Associate
How are people finding stability of the game?

About 20 hours in and the crashing is just getting worse crash multiple times in a row just straight to desktop then be fine for about an hour and repeat…

This is on 7800x3d, 4080 super, 32GB ram. Temps etc are all fine..

Soldato
If you have overclocks/undervolts on GPU/CPU/RAM return to stock and check.

I have a 7900X3D, 32GB RAM and a 4080 and have not had one crash to desktop.

Last edited:
Associate
If you have overclocks/undervolts on GPU/COU/RAM return to stock and check.

I have a 7900X3D, 32GB RAM and a 4080 and have not had one crash to desktop.
Everything is running at stock as this was causing issues at the very start so removed. Only thing enabled is PBO via AMD, could try turning that off, is this enabled for you?

Really don’t know what’s causing it and it’s driving me crazy :/

Last edited:
Associate
so has the update been rolled out?

I am really enjoying the game though, some hilarious moments that just happen by coincidence. I feel its more enjoyable than elden ring, not sure why I think I am all 'souled' out with souls games now.

Soldato
How are people finding the game now that the latest updates are supposedly out? Thinking about picking this up today but not sure yet.

Soldato
I am really loving playing it, haven't enjoyed a game this much for ages!!
Seems to be the general consensus, I wasn't too bothered about the sheer amount of hate it seemed to receive that was all over social media and YouTube, but I was hesitant. I have been doing a bit more reading and watching of videos and I think I might pick it up!

Associate
How are people finding stability of the game?

About 20 hours in and the crashing is just getting worse crash multiple times in a row just straight to desktop then be fine for about an hour and repeat…

This is on 7800x3d, 4080 super, 32GB ram. Temps etc are all fine..
I've not had any crashes in 50 hrs of gameplay on a 5800X3D, 4090 FE & 32GB. Looks like it must be something specific with your setup, or maybe worth verifying your install files ( I'm assuming you're on Steam ).

Back
Top Bottom