East Coast USA Honeymoon Oct-Nov

Soldato
We're looking to take a 2 week holiday over on the East Coast of America starting at the end of October.

We have a very rough plan so I'm hoping with your help we can tailor it into a great holiday.

The plan so far..

29th Oct - Fly to Boston arriving at 3:30pm
30th - 31st Boston
1st Nov - Collect car and drive to Portland/Maine
2nd - Maine (Rockland/Acadia)
3rd - Maine (other places)
4th - Drive to Plymouth
5th - Cape Cod
6th - Providence and Rhode Island
7th - Drive to NYC arriving in the evening.
8th - Ney York
9th - New York (Knicks Game)
10th - New York
11th - New York
12th - Fly home

As I said it's a very rough plan, with minimal research so far. If anyone has any suggestions of a better way of doing things then I'm open to other options :)

Soldato
OP
What is your budget? What do you and your future wife like to do? What sort of hotels/apartments do you like, boutique or big with all the services?

Budget is 3k-ish and we would like to stay in a mixture of hotels. So a night in a nice boutique while travelling and maybe a few nights in a 5 star while in NY.

We like to see and do so anything interesting, places to stop while on the road etc.

We were married 2 weeks ago in Italy so put the honeymoon back as we were there for a week after the wedding. Oct/Nov for the Autumn colours etc.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate your input.

Housey - We will look at the hotels you've recommended. Thanks :)

Just looking for into on the fall colours timing.

Soldato
OP
Jealous, only part of the states I haven't done yet.

Are there no flights to Portland to save the back and forth?

Be sure to hit up Trillium Brewing in Boston of you like your beer! Making the best in the world at the moment.

I've never done the East coast either, so as much as I love the West coast I'm really looking forward to this.

There are flights to Portland but they're much more expensive.

I'll investigate the brewery :)

Back
Top Bottom