Everyman Racing- Great child "passenger ride" experience - Lambo/Ferrari

Soldato
Hi all,

Bit of an odd one here as it's more of a review/semi-advert I suppose. Anyway, my best mate is a "non-car" guy yet his 7yo kid is absolutely barmy over "Lambos & Ferraris" so for his 8th birthday, after chatting to his parents, I booked a 2 Lap Passenger Ride experience in a Lamborghini Gallardo for £40 through trackdays.co.uk at Prestwold Driving Centre (an airfield) near Leicester, which was fulfilled by Everyman Racing.

A few days later I was contacted by an "upsell" member of the team and, after a lot of back'n'forth, for about £30 extra, we got another car and in car photos/video thrown in for both cars and the kid picked a Ferrari F430. There was a constant stream of updates sent via e-mail, some forms to fill in and reminders of what to bring etc which was reassuring. On the day itself my own prior bias of being an amateur "trackday passenger ride" driver a few times (charity trackdays) had me thinking that this would be a wet portacabin at the end of the runway with a handful of battered old cars and some disorganisation but I couldn't have been more wrong. The whole Everyman Racing setup was absolutely fantastic, from lots of attentive and courteous staff to great facilities to a very well organised setup for drivers, passengers and media collection etc and I was hugely impressed at the 40+ lovely cars there, from various age supercars to rally cars to HGV's etc.

Even with our experience being at the low end of the cost scale it was still impressive to see how well the staff treated everyone, and you could definitely see where, if you had the cash, the extra options (newer cars, drone footage etc) could easily be spent. The laps themselves were fairly short TBH which was fine for an 7yo but an adult driver would probably want more than two laps (probably 4+) to really get a good idea of the car. Both drivers were respectful of the kids wishes (softer with braking but faster in accelerations) and the in-car footage was generally OK for the Ferrari (1080p) but seemingly 480p of the very old vbox-looking thing in the Gallardo but they still captured the experience well and you leave with an SD card filled with the videos (and a million different "video player" EXE files if you're PC/MAC illiterate) and a phone full of 15 or so photos per car taken with a professional level Canon 1Dx mk3 camera at various stages around the track, getting in the car etc.

Overall I would highly recommend Everyman Racing for a Driver/Passenger experience even for a "cheap" core-memory experience!

kNyzCz4.jpeg

FD685oH.jpeg

Last edited:
Soldato
Glad it was ok, I find these things are hit and miss.

Did about 20 laps in a Formula Ford around Stowe circuit (middle of Silverstone) and it was bloody brilliant, other than you could only pass when flagged you could really go for it, I nearly lost the car 3 times, and 1 in particular was quite butt clenching, I ended up with fastest lap (on the day), by nearly 2 seconds. Probably about 10 years ago.

However, last year my step son did a similar thing with a company called Car Chase Heroes and honestly it was awful.

Soldato
Soldato
These things are very hit and miss as said above, glad you got a good experience OP.
I did Palmersport @ Bedford 2 years ago and that was the best one I have done, although not cheap at £500.

Back
Top Bottom