evga supernova nex 650G thoughts??

Soldato
So im building a friend a rig getting all the parts tomorrow after work just the psu left used a calculator and the recommended wattage is coming in at 550w so thought i would go for a psu abit higher than that if he wishes to overclock oneday and also just wanted to be on the safe side.

Anyways im finding mixed reviews on this psu - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CA-001-EA

Anyone have or had one and could give me some opinionw on it? £60 here or there is the budget for the psu and i would prefer a modular psu tbh or i would have gone for the superflower 650w that is on this week only.

Thanks

Soldato
OP
There are better PSUs for the money really, the Nex's are good but not better than this

YOUR BASKET
1 x SuperFlower Golden Green HX 650W "80 Plus Gold" Power Supply - Black £59.99
Total : £59.99 (includes shipping : ).

The SuperFlower PSU has a better OEM, better internals etc - the EVGA has the FSP OEM, who aren't as good. I think the SuperFlower PSU is the way to go

Yeah the FSP OEM was what i read on a review that made me think twice...i was originally planning on getting the superflower but as stated i would prefer a modular PSU i can get a Corsair CS650M for £4 less (from a competitor) than the superflower and evga but been hearing a few bad things of corsair psu lately and ideally ide prefer to get all parts from here.

Soldato
I bought the EVGA one when it was on offer mainly for the being modular and the included braided cables were nice (black and red theme).

Back
Top Bottom