Fallout TV series being developed by Amazon

Soldato
Had ads in the middle of every episode which was annoying but I figured if you skip to the end of each episode it will play the ads then you can skip to the start and it won't play the ads

Enjoyed the show especially the reveal in the finale, can't believe the night & day difference between this and the crap that was rings of power

Soldato
Really, really enjoying this so far.
I think what is telling, is the team that made it respected/liked Fallout, and have tried to make Fallout as best as they could, for the screen; not take the name, make something else and just bolt the characters/names to it like so many do, but have actually set the series in the world, at a rough time frame, and told thier story in the world, rather than changed everything to make an obvious out of place story fit. As much as thier were quirks, it FELT like Fallout, and felt like they'd tried to be reasonably authentic to the setting. Also really glad they highlighted how bad Vault-Tec are, and how different vaults were from one another; as that is a core point mentioned throughout the series, especially when you see vaults other than the one your character comes from.

Probably one of the best adaptations I've seen in a very long while, even if occasionally the CGI is a little iffy.

Think it's also quite cool they apparently actually went out and built wearable T60 suits really early on to get a feel for the size etc, because it's such a core aesthetic/design for the series; even though Bethesda didn't tell them to do it.

I actually really wish the Witcher series had shown this much love for the setting; it'd probably have been a much better show, and have kept Cavill.

Honestly though, video game show that actually pays respect to the source material/universe does well shocker. What a surprise, right?? Who'd have thought a show that doesn't completely alienate the fanbase might have a chance at success!

Last edited:
Soldato
I've watched three episodes but just cannot get into this. I just can't seem to connect with the characters, the humour or the 50's B-movie aesthetic.

I've never played the games, so in that sense I'm probably not the target audience, but I do usually like a good post apocalyptic / dystopian sci-fi. Guess not this time.

Anyway, I'm glad that it seems to have stayed faithful to the source material, for those that wanted that. Definitely something that doesn't happen very often these days.

Associate
I though the last ep was bit underwhelming. Overall enjoyed some of it. Walton Goggins was the best thing in it.

Caporegime
I've watched three episodes but just cannot get into this. I just can't seem to connect with the characters, the humour or the 50's B-movie aesthetic.

I've never played the games, so in that sense I'm probably not the target audience, but I do usually like a good post apocalyptic / dystopian sci-fi. Guess not this time.

Anyway, I'm glad that it seems to have stayed faithful to the source material, for those that wanted that. Definitely something that doesn't happen very often these days.
That's how far I got and I felt same as you, just couldn't get into it but usually always love post apocalypse stuff.
I really didn't like any of the characters.. Maximus was especially bad.

I've played the older games and loved them. And can only assume the humour/style is more like newer games as (to me) it doesn't match the vibe of FO3/NV

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom