First night of Wow

Soldato
and I go to bed at this time! What a game :) Started playing it around 9pm and haven't been off it! First time playing a RPG game, usually its CSS and Quake 4 for me, this just opens up a new door :)

Must go to bed.....

Associate
*sigh*

I remember those nights....I have very fond memories of my first few weeks of WoW. It's one of those games that's very easy to lose yourself in.

Soldato
Gald you're enjoying it :)

I got the game at release and played it on and off until around Christmas time when I created a Orc Warrior and have seriously got into it. A couple of nights over the christmas break I was on until 4am.

Last night was a 1am finish as the guildies I usually group with and I were doing our lvl 30 warrior class specific quest Brutal Armour. I feel like a zombie at work today(and probably don't look much more alive either:p )

Stick with it m8 I think the game is just getting better

Associate
doesnt appear to be a rule about guild promotion taken to the nth degree most of the post on here could be subjected to the non existant "no pimping rule"

there are some dual standards about methinks.....ok to promote BF2 servers and GW clans but not WOW guilds.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Azraeluk said:
there are some dual standards about methinks.....ok to promote BF2 servers and GW clans but not WOW guilds.
Actually it's not.
If someone started a thread or post saying 'join my BF2 clan or play on our server at:' it would be deleted, same as your post was.
It is however allowed if someone asks for BF2 server IPs or possible clans to join which may be where you are getting confused.

Associate
i never insisted anyone joined was mearly making fellow board users aware of our existance hardly pimping.

Offering advice and guidance to a fellow wow player is normal - its not pimping

so explain on the Guild Wars thread why its ok to advertise to join the guild on there?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Azraeluk said:
so explain on the Guild Wars thread why its ok to advertise to join the guild on there?
If you mean the thread I think you mean, because moderators can't be everywhere all the time and it wasn't RTMed.
Be gone shortly now though.

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Azraeluk said:
consistancy of the mods is all we ask for.
There is consistency. But you have to realise all the mods are doing this unpaid, are mostly in full time employment and have their own lives. We can't always see every post in every forum all the time. Hence why we have the RTM function so the members can help us spot any rule breaks so that we can remove the offending posts asap :)

Associate
I have been thinking of getting this game, ever since I left EVE theres been a gap for another MMO. My mates play it, but im not to sure.

I liked playing them Warcraft 3 RPG type maps, they were pretty fun.

Associate
The first few days of playing WoW were by far the best for me, I'd never played a mmorpg before and everything was new and exiting, it never felt the same after the that tho.

Soldato
GhostFace said:
The first few days of playing WoW were by far the best for me, I'd never played a mmorpg before and everything was new and exiting, it never felt the same after the that tho.

Did you play SWG?

Back
Top Bottom