Formula E 2022, 2023 and 2024

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I like Formula E and attack mode, whilst a bit gimmicky is a tactical choice.

Fan boost can die of aids though.

Soldato
I've been rocking the work trousers all week so far tbh, shirt tomorrow as well, that'll be on just for the grid walk and then it'll be back into polo shirts, as soon as the checkered flag drops we'll be starting packup, getting to the track just before 5am tomorrow and then probably won't get out until 7/8pm, Sunday we'll pack whatever late stuff turns up and then back to the hotel, flight out is 5am Monday morning..

As for the actual race itself, its warm and humid which will effect battery and tyres, track was just over 10oC hotter than the air temp today, tomorrow when the cars are running it'll be a bit more, major factor will be the weather, we've been having storm warnings all week and had nothing until yesterday when it really opened up..

Soldato
OP
Keep it as is, or as a timed race at any rate. Half the excitement comes from teams mismanaging energy or not always being surehow many laps there will be.

If you give them X number of laps then things like safety car finishes will be more likely, and teams will be able to calculate exactly how much energy they can use at any given time.

Oh, and get rid of Fan Boost. While I know why they've done it (social media exposure to try to involve and attract viewers) it was a dreadful idea from a sporting point of view. Attack Mode is brilliant though.

Soldato
I don't like attack mode. Going off the racing line means dirty dangerous track. I'm not convinced it's an advantage either, teams plan using it around not losing places rather than trying to gain places, so really there's nothing 'attack' about it.

If you change it to be not off the racing line, then it's basically kers, which isn't fun either. The whole idea that a racing car is holding back until someone earns the right to push a button is lame. Go full whack whenever you want, if you run out of energy then that would be double the fun.

Soldato
OP
I don't like attack mode. Going off the racing line means dirty dangerous track. I'm not convinced it's an advantage either, teams plan using it around not losing places rather than trying to gain places, so really there's nothing 'attack' about it.
That's why it's brilliant (for Formula E anyway - not sure it would be in other series). It's mandatory so all the drivers have to use it and whether you take advantage of it or lose out is all on the driver.

I certainly wouldn't call it any more dangerous than the likes of DRS. I mean, they're all over the dirty track anyway, and if anything the attack activation zone will be the second cleanest part of the track after the racing line itself.

Motor racing shouldn't be easy, so challenges like this are good, so long as they're all equal.

Soldato
Carnage in todays race in NYC! Massive downpour about 10 mins from the end and half the field aquaplaned off! Like that F1 race back in the day Germany 07/08 was it?

Been red flagged.

Soldato
Anyone off to the Excel this weekend? I'm going tomorrow, went to the 2 races at Battersea which seem a long time ago now!

Jake Dennis on pole for todays race to give the home fans something to cheer :)

Soldato
Porsches Gen3 car looks nice, a fair few under the skin changes…

The new chargers are 600kW so expect quick charge stops in coming races perhaps..
For reference, the v3 Tesla Superchargers are ‘only’ 250kW and charge at 15 miles per minute, so for all of those EV range haters out there the whole range anxiety argument will be going out of the window when that trickles down…

Back
Top Bottom