Formula E 2022, 2023 and 2024

Soldato
Charge speed is only a function of battery size anyway and 3C is about todays industrialised applications. Ie Taycan with 93kWh will charge ~270kW at low state of charge. Similar for E-GMP Hyundai. So racing cars will naturally be focused on high C power cells rather than road car energy cells as well as the other concern of costs and life!

Commissario
No, you're wrong. I don't hate them, I've been in them and they're great but I don't think the infrastructure is there yet to force people over to them yet and I'm very doubtful it will be when the sale of new petrol/diesel vehicles is banned.

But again, this isn't the place.

Associate
dipped in and out of the races and i am afraid i just don't like street circuits in general F1 or F-e, i don't know the specifics and i am sure the cars could be setup for this but would love to see them on race circuits

Caporegime
Looks like Vandoorne is going to win the championship having one just one race (compared to Evans in second having won 4). That doesn't feel great.

Also, what on Earth happened to Giovinazzi this year? He managed to do a Mazepin, coming 23rd in a field of 22 drivers. I know he's not the greatest driver in F1 history, but he was okay.

Soldato
Yeah Vandoornes consistency won the day in the end Evans and Mortara both won 4 races to his 1 I think.

See what next season brings, Mclaren coming in for Merc and the new Gen 3 car. Majority of the grid are changing drivetrain suppliers or drivers!

Soldato
It was a very mixed season tbh for a lot of drivers, looking forward to the new Gen 3 cars, and seeing how the pit stops mix up the races a bit more. I really hope they start pushing more full circuit tracks on to the calendar as well.

Soldato
I did like the Mexico City track a few years ago when I went last, then Puebla by comparison was naff, hopefully I'll get a few FE events in this year...

Soldato
Haven't watched much Formula E, but have the Monaco race on now.

So much good racing and overtaking, even on this circuit. Basically zero rear wing makes for much better spectacle, cars properly on the limit, big overtakes.

I don't know how F1 manages to consistently be so much worse than every other form of Motorsport.

Associate
Haven't watched much Formula E, but have the Monaco race on now.

So much good racing and overtaking, even on this circuit. Basically zero rear wing makes for much better spectacle, cars properly on the limit, big overtakes.

I don't know how F1 manages to consistently be so much worse than every other form of Motorsport.
The reason for the overtakes is because they are not pushing, all trying to save battery. If they run out of battery they won’t finish and be disqualified so leads to overtaking. A little different to every other formula where the limiting factor is grip.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom