Formula E 2022, 2023 and 2024

Soldato
Yeah. The trouble with Formula E is the sheer Farce Quotient. It has some great races, but it also has too many clown shoe moments.

I want them to make it a much freer formula. Let's see what the manufacturers can do if you let 'em at it.
The camera angles make the cars look slow too. As @hillbilly2 says too I’d like some more traditional circuits too instead of street circuits.

Soldato
Is there a reason they don't race on proper tracks and not these street courses?
Yeah - because the cars quiet and zero emissions u can do it in a city - imagine trying f1 in a city...
That was the idea behind it, just a gimmick to get attention, but the cars are quicker now, it's time to move it to a proper track imo.
I want to see some charging involved too, personally. So we get improvements in charging tech, because that's key.

Last edited:
Caporegime
The camera angles make the cars look slow too. As @hillbilly2 says too I’d like some more traditional circuits too instead of street circuits.

I've watched it live. It's great.

I don't think traditional circuits would actually help FE. The cars work best on the tracks they run on. Trad tracks don't allow enough regen and don't reward the characteristics of electric engines.

Soldato
stuck in a seating bank in the xl stadium under flashing lights for hours - that's got to be fun - even if they were racing is there any joy in being indoors.

Associate
Would be better if they double up at each location and do 1 street circuit race and the following weekend do a race circuit, then move to the next country.

Associate
For a racing series that already compromises racing for a lower carbon footprint via poor tyres, no tyre warmers, "endurance" power limits in non endurance races, i dont think the ABB FIA would mind having drivers be there a few days more. The drivers however, yeah they already travel so much between races, just have to wait a few days to jet off home again

Soldato
I meant our crew that supports it, they're litterally out of the country for 10 days, back for a few days, then off to the next event and so on from the end of January until the end of July, an extra day or two for the drivers would mean just spending 6 months away from home for our support guys..

Soldato
Soooo, bit of a fire here yesterday in Valencia...

Note to self, make sure your bag is always ready to go at a seconds notice, otherwise you have to sit in a carpark for hours before anyone allowed back in to collect things....

Soldato
Well they're back out testing today, and all day tomorrow, so whatever happened has been explained enough to the FIA for them to green light a restart...

Soldato
Formula E in Misano today & tomorrow.

When you're used to the F1 barges seeing an FE car on a proper racetrack they're like tiny gnats! This is just gonna be a massive bunch sprint to save energy.

Soldato
Closest I've ever been to an F1 car was one of the Williams ones they had in reception a few years back when I was down there, never actually compared one to an FE car.

Back
Top Bottom