Fractal Design S v Corsair 400Q

Soldato
In process of planning a new skylake build and I have kind of settled on these cases as possible choices. Will be running 2 gpu's, a couple of SSD's and one mechanical.

Seems from looking at reviews the Fractal has the edge in airflow as it can have 3x140mm fans in the front vs Corsair's 2 and also comes with decent fans. And unlike the 400Q you can fit a H110i in the roof of the fractal. I'd likely be doing a light overclock so a H110i or a good tower cooler would do.

Another option I was thinking about is the Coolermaster Mastercase 5. A more open design so not as quiet but like the Fractal supports a rad up top (in the pro version of it you buy the kit) and 3 front fans, and the mechanical can sit in the lower drive bay separated from the rest of components while the SSD's can sit on top of the PSU or around the back. Seems the Fractal has everyone beat on price though.

Any advice appreciated ?

Soldato
OP
Thanks for great advice and pointing out about an aio in the roof. Thinking of a quiet tower cooler for CPU as i always end up with pump noise with aios. Leaning towards the corsair with fractal venturi or phantek fans front and back.

Soldato
OP
Purely for neatness but as I mentioned in my last post "Thinking of a quiet tower cooler for CPU as i always end up with pump noise with aios" :)

Also, I don't want to have to deal with corsair link.

The D15 is an option and will fit in the Corsair. There is an S version too which is quieter but it looks to me like a D15 with just 1 fan. The phanteks ph-tc14pe is also excellent (had one before) and will fit. SPCR rated the fans that come with it the smoothest and quietest 140mm fans they tested. I also like the look of the Dark Rock although some people complain it's tricky to fit. Probably the quietest
of the 3.

The P400S is very interesting indeed. Definitely a runner. Thanks.

Soldato
OP
Thanks for the advice. I like the looks of the Darkrock better but I guess the D15 is probably the better bet. Will be using corsair lp ram so I'm sure either will fit.

Back
Top Bottom