Gabe Newell AMA tomorrow

Caporegime
OP
I think the problem with HL3 is how hard it is to do something truly innovative and original these days and everyone would be disappointed with a generic sequel.

Don't see whats wrong with just continuing the story, physics aside i liked how HL2 approached the story by letting you piece things together instead of having some random npc come out and blab it all to you. From the npc perspective you've been living in the same world so should know everything that's went on, so it was a good call by valve to let you piece things together as you went along.

Caporegime
OP
Maybe someone should ask him why his companies work ethos is trash?

The way they work on games does seem really strange, it seems to revolve around if they can be bothered to do it or not. I remember an interview with some valve guy on TF2 and putting dlc together for the 360 version and all he could say was "its a lot of work" over and over. Apparently doing work was a foreign concept to him. :confused:

Caporegime
OP
"The issue with Half-Life for me is that I was involved in a much higher percentage of the decisions about the games, so it's hard for me to look at them as anything other than a series of things I regret. There's no information in my response about what we'll do in the future. It's simply easier for me to be a fan of things that in which I was less directive."

Thats in response to his favourite game theyve created.

Back
Top Bottom