Gaming chair Lumbar/Disc support!

Caporegime
Hey guys I have a dehydrated disc, degenerative disease and a trapped lower nerve. Because of my disability I do end up sitting down a lot so I need a good computer chair with long term support.

Any ideas, thank you! ( Also doesn't cost thousands! )

EDIT : Or would it be cheaper to buy a memory foam seat/cushion?

Last edited:
Soldato
Steelcase Please V2 is my favourite chair by a long shot, and I've used a lot of fancy task chairs over the years, Herman Millers etc.

The Please has the best lumbar support by a country mile, and it's articulated in such a way that it supports your back whether you're sat bolt upright, or reclining. I can't see my one ever wearing out, but if it does, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I fractured my spine as a kid and have to look after it pretty carefully.

This review describes it well :

Last edited:
Soldato
It's probably best
If you have any sort of chance
To go somewhere you can actually sit in chairs
To see what they're like

I have several herniated discs
Arthritis of the spine and sacroiliac joints
And sciatica
But what works for one person's back problem
May not for another's

I do use a memory foam coccyx cushion
Helps a bit with the sciatica
But again your mileage may vary
Was about 25 quid so worth a try

Just got myself a wireless tens machine
That is definitely helping

Should say only got a £150 chair
Not one of those expensive ones
Thought of getting one
But just assembling a chair is a difficult job now for me
And likely to make my back be in agony
Not to mention if it's no good
Having to disassemble it and return it would be a PITA
Sadly no where around here where you are able
To go sit in chairs to see what they're like

Soldato
Hey guys I have a dehydrated disc, degenerative disease and a trapped lower nerve. Because of my disability I do end up sitting down a lot so I need a good computer chair with long term support.
kneeling chair V - have used in office/wfh for 15 odd years - post l4/5 disc issue
they, comfortably, open up the leg/back angle , and ,oblige you to use stomach/back muscles -
bought shop display clearance model - not sure if you can get VAT removed/reclaimed in UK

Personally don't like the Aeron's, the hard front edge digs in behind the knees, equally lack of moulding comfort from just the mesh, they don't feel warm either - used one daily for 5 odd years.
... if you have back problems, or want to avoid them, get a Baluns kneeling chair what I've used for past 10 years, post aeron.

Back
Top Bottom