Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 stuck on BIOS logo after update

Associate
Stuck on BIOS logo after updating Ab350 Gaming 3

I just updated my Bios from F50a to F52 and now my pc is stuck at bios logo. Keyboard does not seem to be working.

I already disconnected everything and tried booting and adding 1 component at a time and the issue remains. Not sure if my current CPU does not support that BIOS version (I updated because I bought a Ryzen 7 5700x but I don’t have it with me yet).

Note: my motherboard has on the “VGA” light even tho the GPU is actually showing the BIOS logo via HDMI

My Pc:

Ryzen 5 3600
XFX 6700xt
32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz Cl16
PSU EVGA 700w Gold

What can I do?

Associate
OP
Have you tried a new CMOS battery? Or tested the charge on the current one with a multimeter? Do you have another GPU? Have you tried your GPU in another slot?
Just tried with another battery and that did not work. Unfortunately I don’t have another GPU at the moment. My new CPU will arrive in like 3 days

Associate
OP
Soldato
Can you confirm exactly what motherboard you have?

GA-AB350-Gaming 3 has not got bios version F50A but has got F52. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

GA-AB350M-Gaming 3 has bios version F50A but not F52. https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-AB350M-Gaming-3-rev-1x/support#support-dl-bios

Thinking you may have put the wrong bios on and if so this may help you install the cirrect one.

Here's how you use the Gigabyte Dual Bios Feature ranging from, normal to advanced. I do not recommend the last option unless you know what you are doing.

Method 1 : This one you should try first

1. make sure the pc is powered off
  2. Hold the power button until the pc starts and shuts down again
  3. Press the power button again, your backup BIOS should now start to flash back to the main BIOS chip IF there is an issue with the bios.
Keep in mind with this method, IF the motherboard seems to be of the opinion there is no issue, even though there might be one, this function could be skipped by the motherboard, giving the impression dual bios flashback does not work. If this sounds familiar, on to method 2.

Method 2 : The slightly forced method

1. make sure the PC is powered off
  2. Hold the power AND reset button for 10 seconds, then release
  3. The backup bios should kick in, could take a few seconds.

https://www.reddit.com/r/gigabyte/comments/6b7f1i/how_do_you_exactly_access_the_dual_bios_i_have_a/

Associate
Thank you! However, I do no have an NVMe :(
Did you disconnect all the SSDs/HDDs anyway because in that thread it seems related to any drives rather than specifically the NVMe.

If that doesn’t work have you tried booting from the secondary bios (b bios)?

Associate
OP
Stuck on BIOS logo after updating Ab350 Gaming 3

I just updated my Bios from F50a to F52 and now my pc is stuck at bios logo. Keyboard does not seem to be working.

I already disconnected everything and tried booting and adding 1 component at a time and the issue remains. Not sure if my current CPU does not support that BIOS version (I updated because I bought a Ryzen 7 5700x but I don’t have it with me yet).

Note: my motherboard has on the “VGA” light even tho the GPU is actually showing the BIOS logo via HDMI

My Pc:

Ryzen 5 3600
XFX 6700xt
32 GB Corsair Vengeance Pro 3200mhz Cl16
PSU EVGA 700w Gold

What can I do?
Update: took my PC to a tech shop. Guy in there did some troubleshooting and the PC booted once he put in a 1st Gen Ryzen. BIOS backdated to a version that was not compatible with 3rd Gen Ryzen. The guy updated the bios and now everything is working fine

Associate
Just had to reply to this because I updated this board for the wife last month with a BIOS that is not even showing on the gigabyte website anymore

Screenshot-2024-03-25-002941.png

BIOS date was 02/15/24

Back
Top Bottom