Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R doesnt always POST

Soldato
Ive started having problems again with my Gigabyte GA-P35C-DS3R, my last two I had to RMA due to a different problem, now my current motherboard doesnt always POST. Everything powers on ok, fan, drives etc spin up but nothing shows on the screen or beeps. Unless I press the reset button it comes on but this morning that method didnt work. After 5 attempts of hitting the restart button and pulling the power cable in/out the power supply it finally came on. Has anyone else had this problem, is it best to RMA this motherboard too?

Soldato
OP
I find it strange that it was working fine for the past 2 months and this has started happening. Ive ordered a 650W powersupply, to repace the 550W I have at the moment and see how I get on with that.

Soldato
OP
Well I got my 650W PSU, computer still had problems booting once. I then upgraded to the latest F6 firmware, starting having random reboots in Windows. Downgraded back to old firmware and took out 2 of my RAM sticks. Seems to be working ok so far but have to see later. So hopefully it isn’t the MB.

Soldato
OP
As this was a new system, the only things in there that was in my old was an X-FI and the PSU, so just out of interest I took out X-FI, and I've not had a problem since.

Im only using the onboard sound in my computer. If my RAM is causing this problem I will be surprised as its Crucial RAM Im using and Ive never had any problems with them.

Back
Top Bottom