Gigabyte X570 Aorus Master Owners

Associate
Not sure what's going on there. I tried it, all is fine. Maybe load optimal defaults, or a CMOS reset? Edit: A black screen during post and then loading windows after a while sounds like it's rolling back to the backup BIOS. Possibly your download of F37 is corrupted?

Last edited:
Associate
I found out what the issue was, kind of. I have raised a ticket with Gigabyte to see if they can help at all...

After the upgrade, I found that my monitor connected via Display Port would no longer show during POST. This was using identical BIOS configuration. Even so, I tried changing CSM, I ensured the correct PCIE was selected for POST etc. but nothing helped. I reverted back to F36 to double-check, and it worked fine again. Moved back to F37, and there is no display signal during POST. My display comes back to life as soon as Windows boots. I am also able to boot into the BIOS configuration via "del". It's just the POST screen no longer shows. As a workaround, I can use a different HDMI monitor and it works fine.This appears to be related to: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/. But, my VGA BIOS is up-to-date and the issue only occurs on the newer F37 BIOS. It seems like either Gigabyte need to update something re VGA/CSM etc. or maybe EVGA need to update their VGA BIOS if it is no longer compatible for some reason.

I'll update if Gigabyte provide any guidance. Considering how 'old' this board is, I fully expect them to tell me to bugger off :)

Associate
Made some progress. I didn't realise previously that when I set "CSM Support" to enabled, it didn't actually change the setting, because Secure Boot needed to be disabled first. Upon disabling Secure Boot, I was then able to successfully enable CSM Support.With CSM enabled, I am able to see my monitor again during POST over Display Port. However, with CSM enabled, it is not possible to use Secure Boot. This wasn't an issue in F36 BIOS. Also note that running https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/ans...nvidia-gpu-firmware-update-tool-for-displayid , shows "Already updated", so it's not a VGA issue, but it seems something in F37 BIOS has broken Secure Boot/CSM in my situation.

HDMI works fine, this is only an issue if using Display Port. Waiting on Gigabyte support to update.

Soldato
I found out what the issue was, kind of. I have raised a ticket with Gigabyte to see if they can help at all...

After the upgrade, I found that my monitor connected via Display Port would no longer show during POST. This was using identical BIOS configuration. Even so, I tried changing CSM, I ensured the correct PCIE was selected for POST etc. but nothing helped. I reverted back to F36 to double-check, and it worked fine again. Moved back to F37, and there is no display signal during POST. My display comes back to life as soon as Windows boots. I am also able to boot into the BIOS configuration via "del". It's just the POST screen no longer shows. As a workaround, I can use a different HDMI monitor and it works fine.This appears to be related to: https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/drivers/nv-uefi-update-x64/. But, my VGA BIOS is up-to-date and the issue only occurs on the newer F37 BIOS. It seems like either Gigabyte need to update something re VGA/CSM etc. or maybe EVGA need to update their VGA BIOS if it is no longer compatible for some reason.

I'll update if Gigabyte provide any guidance. Considering how 'old' this board is, I fully expect them to tell me to bugger off :)
They fixed the LogoFail vulnerability so perhaps it's something to do with that. It is an odd issue.

Last edited:
Associate
They fixed the LogoFail vulnerability so perhaps it's something to do with that. It is an odd issue.
This was exactly my thought.

Anyway, after having a few back and forths with Gigabyte support, they basically told me to 'deal with it'. Credit where it's due, they took the time to attempt to reproduce the issue in their lab and sent me a video of everything working fine over Display Port. They're essentially blaming my Monitor (LG 27GP950-B) at this point, even though the only thing that changed was F36 --> F37 BIOS update. I also demonstrated that I can use the dual BIOS function, move to F36 and everything works fine again. But, they're final update was to suggest I use a different monitor. Ah well. Guess I am stuck with it! Everything works, I just no longer see the BIOS POST. If I hit "del", I can still get into the BIOS and that's what really matters. If I need to see the POST screen I can just plug in my HDMI monitor.

Associate
Hey community, I updated my bios from F36 to F37 and now I have a 0d error with the F37 and F36 bios, has somebody the same issue and was able to solve it?

My PC ryzen 5800x, gigabyte 6900xt, gigabyte x570 master, 4x8G GB 3200 CL16 Corsair Vengeance

Associate
Ha! I saw F38 has been made available and replaced F37 (F37 is no longer available for download). Despite the release notes being the same, I just tried it and it fixed my issue - I now see the BIOS POST/LOGO screen whereas I didn't on F37.

Back
Top Bottom