Google Play - Returning Devices

Associate
Just wanted some advice regarding returning my Nexus 4. A few weeks ago I received my Nexus 4 after a week or so it developed a fault where I couldn't hear people unless I put them on loudspeaker. I contacted Google who arranged for a replacement to be sent out. I received the replacement today.

This is their returns policy: -

1. Print the attached Return Authorization form

2. Insert the Return Authorization form into the outer shipping box.

3. You'll receive a return shipping label with your replacement device. Use this label with the shipping container used for returning your original device.

4. Schedule a pickup with our shipping provider, or take your package to any authorized shipping outlet near you.
I didn't receive a return shipping label with my replacement.I contacted Google and they said TNT will send a bag with the shipping label for me to send it back. He didn't sound convincing and when I asked him when TNT would do this he wasn't sure. :confused: I get the feeling this is going to end up being a real hassle. Has anyone had any experience returning devices to Google and what was the procedure?

An authorization for the full price of the replacement device will be placed on your credit card. This means that a portion of your card’s credit limit is held for several days, but no charge is made if your original device is delivered within 21 days and the damage to your device is verified to be covered under warranty.

I did have a portion of my debit card's limit held but now it's disappeared. Does that mean if I don't send it back within the 21 days they can still charge me the full amount even though the limit has been lifted?

Associate
OP
Same here. I'm going to drop off my parcel at the depot saves someone staying in all day waiting for a collection. Looks like Google are starting to get their act together.

Back
Top Bottom