Graphics performance of latest Intel Arc iGPUs vs. discrete mobile GPUs

Soldato
I'm quite keen on the Samsung Book4 360 Pro. However, this model comes with Intel Arc which I believe is integrated on a Intel Core Ultra 7 155H processor.

I'm keen to compare the performance of the integrated Intel Arc vs. say, a mobile 4060 GPU.

Does anyone know how they compare, or where I can find graphics benchmarks specifically for this?

I've found this site which suggests the discrete 4060 mobile is 240% more powerful, but I'm not sure how reliable this site is: https://technical.city/en/video/GeForce-RTX-4060-mobile-vs-Arc-8-Cores-iGPU

Last edited:
Soldato
I don't really understand why you would compare the 2. They are completely different classes of product. The Intel integrated is slower than the 780m on AMDs integrated offerings.

Associate
Graphics is underwhelming, it will play games with settings turned right down

Interestingly they didn't bench it against the amd 8840/7840 which I guess would be it's competition.

though people do rave about the 780m integrated graphics for light gaming

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Cheers, I wasn't sure.

It's been a long time since I looked at laptops, and whilst I expected discrete GPU to be more powerful, I hadn't expected such a huge gap.

I'll have a look at the 780m models, but I think I need a discrete GPU.

Last edited:
Soldato
Intel ARC iGPU is broadly a bit lower in overall performance to the 780M RDNA3 iGPU found in the higher end AMD APU's (7840HS for example). This is a very rough ballpark as with ARC it can vary quite heavily in some games.

Having used a 780M analogue in the ROG Ally (Z1 Extreme so 7840U basically) it was similar in performance to a discrete 1650m GPU - although the latter would pull ahead when memory bandwidth became the bottleneck.

A 4060M discrete GPU is aimed at a completely different market although it can be found in some smaller and thinner "gaming" designs from various laptop manufacturers. For example the ROG Zephyrus G14 can be found with the GPU and is a relatively thin and light machine overall.

iGPU's have come a long way in recent years but they are still quite far behind dedicated / discrete GPU's. You only have to look at the CU count to see the different. The 780M has 12CU RDNA3 whilst a mid tier 7600M has 28 or 32 CU's of the same architecture. Combine that with higher sustained clocks (more power) and a lot more memory bandwidth and you end up with a much higher tier of performance.

Back
Top Bottom