Greetings

mkv

mkv

Associate
Hello wonderful people

I've visited OC UK forums multiple times over the years, usually when Google would show up OC UK forums for search queries unrelated to PC overclocking. This time the topic in question is the aircon thread, and I decided to finally create an account since I have a few questions about aircon installation.

A bit about me, my first experience with a PC or a console when I was 4-5 years old, when my parents purchased a ZX Spectrum clone. I do remember a bit about it, I was fascinated with my brother and father playing games on it but slowly we've kind of forgotten about it and I guess it was sold eventually.

My next gaming console was gifted to me on my 7th birthday in 1994, it was a NES clone (Zhiliton). It was awesome, I invited my classmates and we had a great time playing various games.
Some years after that, my father borrowed a Sega Mega Drive from a friend, I played with that for a year or so.
Then came a Sony PlayStation (One), we had it modified so that it could play pirated games.

And then, my older brother had the wisdom of selling the PlayStation and buying a PC. I remember I actually cried when the PlayStation was sold, I was sad. But it was the right thing to do, as I've learned later PC is the master race. At that point I must've been 11 or 12 years old.

After a month or so, we bought our first PC - the glorious Pentium MMX 133MHz, I believe it was overclocked to 166MHz. It had 16MB RAM, and a 800MB HDD. Later we found out that the PC was infected with CIH virus, which was known to brick the BIOS. But somehow it didn't affect the PC, and we reinstalled Windows 95 and that took care of the problem. The install had to be done with quite a few floppy diskettes. We didn't have internet back then.
Some time later, we sold the PC and bought an AMD K6-2 400MHz, with 32MB or 64MB RAM - can't quite remember, will have to ask my brother. I believe the HDD was 4.2GB. We bought an S3 GPU, must've been the Trio or the Virge. Eventually we had an internet connection, but it was very limited in terms of monthly bandwidth allowance, but slowly that improved. This was in early 2000s.
And then every 2-3 years we would sell the PC and buy a new one, and the cycle continues to this day. My brother used to provide me with PC parts in my early 20s whenever he would upgrade, and I am now returning the favour in my 30s.

I always used to be an AMD fan boy as AMD was the underdog and usually provided better value for money. Nowadays I'd happily go for Intel if it meant better value.

At the moment I'm running the following

AMD Ryzen 5900x with Thermalright PA120
MSI MPG X570S Edge Max WiFi
Crucial Ballistix 3000MHz 16GB x 4
Nvidia RTX 3070 Ti Founder's edition
Corsair Vengeance 750M Semi-Modular
Fractal Design Meshify C

I occasionally do some PC VR gaming through a Quest 2

Thanks for accepting me as a member and I hope to contribute every now and then, probably to topics unrelated to PC stuff :D

Back
Top Bottom