GTA V : Making cash quickly in story mode?

Soldato
I played GTA V to death back when it was released years ago, firstly on the XBox and then on my gaming PC. Completed it and that was that.

Recently though, I have been playing through it again on the Xbox Series X (it was on Game Pass until recently although you do now have to pay for it). Given I've played it through to the end already, I just wanted to have a blast through story mode and as such I'm looking for a fairly quick and easy way to make lots of cash. I've looked at a few YouTube vids describing buying stock in Life Invader and Burger Shot, then trashing and blowing up their offices/restaurants..........then going to a safehouse and sleeping for a few days, checking stock to see when it rises then sell at a profit. It's a bit of a hit or miss method though and seems to be quite random as to whether any profit can be made.

What has worked for you lately, for making cash quickly? A lot of the guide videos on YT seem to be quite old and likely the glitches have been patched out. Also, why would blowing up the Life Invader offices or the Burger Shot drive thru's then result in the stock value going UP? I don't get the correlation and I'm not sure why you need to do this after buying the stock or how it actually causes the stock values to jump?

Anyway, if anyone has any good suggestions on how to make cash fast then I'm all ears......(I have done the first Lester Assassination mission but don't plan on doing the others until the end of the game again, as per most guidance online advises).

Cheers :)

Associate
It may well have been patched out ages ago but all I did was piling money into the required stocks and selling pre/post the Lester assassination missions. Basically you can end up pretty much maxed out around 2 billion or whatever it is. Certainly didn't wait till the end of the game.

Not played for years though.

Last edited:
Soldato
^^^ Yep, there will be guides on what stocks and shares to buy online and when. Think it kicks in after a particular mission about interfering with a company IIRC.

Associate
As the others have mentioned there's guides online and it's all stocks related. Buy & Sell before/after certain missions. See's a very good return done correctly and no other way I know of in getting money quickly.

DHR

DHR

Soldato
Can confirm the stocks work on series x, to a lesser effect than previous interactions though. I did it on my last play through with the intent of potentially (finally) trying online again, just never got around to it though.

Back
Top Bottom