H80i position

Soldato
Hey I will be using a H80i in a migrate to a bitfenix prodigy to cool the CPU.
How should I be mounting the h80i?
Will be using the fans that come with the cooler.

I was thinking the best thing to do would be to mount the H80i in at the rear and set the fans to intakes, to pull fresh air from the outside via the back and have a 120mm in the rear top slot (if there is enough room...doubt it) to suck the hot air out, and use one of these for good measure to stop dust getting in - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=CM-086-OK or should it be the other way around to use the cool air from the front fan and push the hot air out the case? This might be common sense but I've never used a radiator type cooler before.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
So its best to use the fans as intake?
Could also just use one fan to push air through the radiator then put a 120mm in the top (it would fit then I think), to suck the hot air from the radiator + the rest of the case out.

Soldato
OP
I'll go with 1 fan on the h80ti at the rear sucking air in and one 120mm on the top (using the included splitter in the h80ti box to connect this 120mm and the front 230mm to the 1 header) to suck the air out so the air that gets pushed through the h80i (will be hot when it comes out the other end) will get sucked out straight away and see how it goes, if it fits that is, not sure if its going to be too fat for a top 120mm even with just 1 of the fans on, if thats the case I'll just do push/pull and never look back ^^

Picking up the case next week and didn't want to be sitting there scratching my head on how to mount things......my AX750 is going to be a tight fit! :p

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Oh while you're here, how do you find the fans on the h80i? quiet? ^^ I hope so <.< my system right now (although its a bloody mess in there atm) is like...well I can't hear anything apart from the CPU fan (artic cooler 7 pro, like a boss) lol and even then its barely audio able.

Back
Top Bottom