Headset Recommendations?

JNZ

JNZ

Associate
Hi,

I tend to fly FS2020 and DCS, and looking for a good headset that will work with both of these titles, without bankrupting me in the process.

In another thread, someone suggested the Pico 4, which looks interesting, but I'm not sure how VR compatibility works? Am I correct in thinking that some games only work/are designed for certain headsets, and won't work with anything else?

I have tried VR a couple of times, the last time being the DTK2 about a decade ago. I found I got on with it, but the resolution then was rubbish.

Another VR headset that looked interesting was the BigScreen Beyond, but that's another headset that costs in excess of £1k.

Soldato
Quest 3 is the best bang for the buck and the best all-rounder right now.
Also Quest Pro, which has eye-tracking that can help get better performance in FS2020 and especially DCS can be bought for around the same price. (Only really worth it if your primary focus is PCVR).

Associate
OP I've not used DCS with Quest 3 but have MSFS, imo it was really good. Quest 3 is an excellent hmd for most people, if it was double the price it'd still sell some units I reckon, the fact that it can be bought for £479.99 (or iirc £379 at Very) is even better.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
The Dk2 was rubbish.
I’ve been through a CV1, Rift S and now use a Quest Pro.
I started in VR with Elite, and have been in DCS for 8 years. Its awesome.
I’ve also played with IL2, CLOD, FS2020, Xplane and Falcon4 (which now works in VR).
For me, DCS has the best combination of visuals in VR, though it needs serious horsepower.

As of now, the Q3 or the Pro are IMO the optimum choices for the cash.

Soldato
As of now, the Q3 or the Pro are IMO the optimum choices for the cash.

I've had a CV1, Oculus Go, Valve Index, Quest, Quest 2, before getting Quest Pro then a Quest 3.

The Pro and 3 are streets ahead of all of those previous headsets for visual quality and clarity.

I tend use my Pro for PCVR as I just prefer the contrast and colours and I find it more comfortable (with the Globular Cluster mod) than the Q3.

Associate
One of us is doing something very wrong. My Quest 3 (VD Godlike, 500Mbps, 150% SteamVR scale) looks about 60% resolution of my Aero (100% SteamVR scale)
Very strange. You are running the Aero at 39PPD aren't you? If you run it lower in Varjo Base then it puts a ceiling on the resolution the headset can receive.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom