Hello!

Associate
Thought that I had better introduce myself as a new forumite!

Been computer gaming since the 80's with Sinclair computers, then graduated to a PC in the early 90's. Been building my own stuff since the early/mid 90's! Starting out with 486 machines, adding DX co-processors, and the like, and then slowly progressing to full builds. Nothing too fancy along the way - no water cooled rigs or anything like that, just standard air-cooled desktop rigs.

Every rig I've built has always been an AMD based system, never bought an Intel based system, or built an intel based system! Which is really quite surprising considering how long I've been building... But there you go!

Current rig is:

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
Asus Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi
2 x16GB Corsair Vengence DDR5
2 x Crucial MX500 SSD
1 x Samsung 1TB 860 Evo
1 x Crucial P1 500GB SSD (windows 11 Pro)
1 x Samsung 256gb 850 Pro (linux install)
850 w Thermaltake GF1 PSU (Fully Modular)
Sound Blaster Z PCIe Soundcard
2 x ODD (yes I still used them, as I prefer to buy my music and films instead of streaming - at least I will still have them if there is a problem with internet or data connections!)
1 x Asus TUF RTX 3070 8GB OC V2
Connected to two HP 24F monitors

All encased in Fractal Design Define 7 XL.... Oh, wait not yet as the one i had delivered was damaged and has had to be returned for replacement! Just waiting on that to be redelivered. At present all the parts are sat on my build desk awaiting the new case! (Edit - all now sorted case swapped out in mid-March, and system up and running. Must say the case is really roomy, even for someone as ham-fisted as myself!)

Last edited:
Associate
Thought that I had better introduce myself as a new forumite!

Been computer gaming since the 80's with Sinclair computers, then graduated to a PC in the early 90's. Been building my own stuff since the early/mid 90's! Starting out with 486 machines, adding DX co-processors, and the like, and then slowly progressing to full builds. Nothing too fancy along the way - no water cooled rigs or anything like that, just standard air-cooled desktop rigs.

Every rig I've built has always been an AMD based system, never bought an Intel based system, or built an intel based system! Which is really quite surprising considering how long I've been building... But there you go!

Current rig is:

AMD Ryzen 5 7600X
Asus Strix B650E-E Gaming Wifi
2 x16GB Corsair Vengence DDR5
2 x Crucial MX500 SSD
1 x Samsung 1TB 860 Evo
1 x Crucial P1 500GB SSD
1 x Samsung 256gb 850 Pro (linux install)
850 w Thermaltake GF1 PSU (Fully Modular)
Sound Blaster Z PCIe Soundcard
2 x ODD (yes I still used them, as I prefer to buy my music and films instead of streaming - at least I will still have them if there is a problem with internet or data connections!)
1 x Asus TUF RTX 3070 8GB OC V2
Connected to two HP 24F monitors

All encased in Fractal Design Define 7 XL.... Oh wait not yet as the one i had delivered was damaged and has had to be returned for replacement! Just waiting on that to be redelivered.. At present all the parts are sat on my build desk awaiting the new case!
Greetings, everyone! How's everything going these days? This is my first time visiting, and I want to express my gratitude for welcoming me into the community. As a pastime, I take pleasure in discovering new things in the world and striving to enhance myself.

Back
Top Bottom