Help with 4k Choices

Associate
So - I have limited budget of absolutely £600 tops and have found some b grade OC offers and a new monitor but I cant decide between them.

Choices are;

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-p/32M1N5800A_01/evnia-gaming-monitor-4k-uhd-gaming-monitor - can be had for £500 on OC and other sites - means a new warranty

or

leftfield but probably too big in reality for my desk proximity

HDR seems to be the biggest different - I do a fair bit of sim racing/flying and also photo productivity - just a bit lost.

Thanks

Associate
Would you consider a 42" OLED TV? I feel in the price range you're after you may get better bang for buck if you consider a TV potentially as well,

if not however then another potential choice is a Dough Spectrum One Glossy (if you like glossy monitors) or get it in matte your choice, provided you purchase from a reputable retailer (this is probably the best non oled monitor in your price range)

Last edited:
Associate
Defintiley the 43" ROG STRIX XG43UQ out of that bunch just for the HDR1000 (or as some call it, proper HDR)

Only slight issue with it is I'd personally find it a bit big but that is personal preference (4K 32" is the sweet spot for me)

Upgrading from their you would just be looking at Mini LED or OLED for better blacks, but if you are not used to it you wont miss it.

Associate
So had a look - the larger screen is too big I think so thats that one out. I checked out Dough, but UK suppliers and the reviews put me right off - nice display tho.
Fair enough, if I was you I'd make sure you buy your monitor brand new so you get the longer term warranty protection especially when you're spending potentially £600.

Or get a well looked after 2nd hand panel if you want to save some £ seeing some decent ones.

From your options I guess I'd go with the gigabyte now you ruled out the 43"

Last edited:
Soldato
The LG is better than the Gigabyte, but for the saving it's a tough choice.

I bought a B-Grade monitor from here a few months ago and it was perfect by the way.

Back
Top Bottom