HM Vantum, Embody or Aeron

Associate
I'm in the market for a new chair as my Humanscale Freedom is on it's way out and too costly to repair.

I've been looking at various HM chairs and like the look of the ones mentioned above. I've tried an Aeron in the past and liked it, but wasnt too keen on the plastic edge. Has anyone tried (or know where i can try in the NW) to Embody and Vantum against the Aeron.

I'm looking for something for WFH and gaming.

Soldato
Your closer to the London showroom but as far as I'm aware thats the only place to try them other than the 14 day return. From the many reviews the Vantum is not great. I would try the embody for the 14 days to see if you like it from HM and if not its only £50 collection fee to send back and full refund.

Soldato
I've bought an embody recently and really like it but it does have some issues. I'm 6" and fairly skinny and feel like I'm at the height limit for it. The back can't be adjusted up or down and the top corners slightly curve in, if you're taller or have a broad back it could cause some issues

The embody also seems to generate a lot of static electricity, recommendation is to use anti-static spray to stop it happening. First time it happened was pretty shocking (sorry), I touched a metal light socket and was zapped, though I'd need to call an electrician to check for earthing issues before researching what was causing it

Associate
OP
I've bought an embody recently and really like it but it does have some issues. I'm 6" and fairly skinny and feel like I'm at the height limit for it. The back can't be adjusted up or down and the top corners slightly curve in, if you're taller or have a broad back it could cause some issues

The embody also seems to generate a lot of static electricity, recommendation is to use anti-static spray to stop it happening. First time it happened was pretty shocking (sorry), I touched a metal light socket and was zapped, though I'd need to call an electrician to check for earthing issues before researching what was causing it
Thanks for the feedback on the Embody, i'm 6'2" and 100Kg, so it may be a little on the small side. I'm going chair testing at the weekend and can hopefully find one somewhere.

Associate
I have an Aeron and I find this far from perfect (specially considering the cost...). It is a great chair but is a big hit and miss depending on your body shape.

I will highly recommend you to consider the Steelcase amia. Amazing chair for an amazing price.

Associate
OP
I went for the Embody. I've had it a week now and am really liking it. Initially i wasnt sure are the lumbar support took some getting used to, but after a few days i've adjusted nicely.

I tried an Aeron at a local second hand place and wasnt too keen on the plastic edge. I preferred the Mira to it, even though it's cheaper. I did try a Steelcase (cant remember the model) and the back was too low for me.

Associate
I went for the Embody. I've had it a week now and am really liking it. Initially i wasnt sure are the lumbar support took some getting used to, but after a few days i've adjusted nicely.

I tried an Aeron at a local second hand place and wasnt too keen on the plastic edge. I preferred the Mira to it, even though it's cheaper. I did try a Steelcase (cant remember the model) and the back was too low for me.
Glad to hear you are enjoying it! I have it in my radar too, if one day I give up about the Aeron I might give the embody a try :)

Associate
Another upgrade from a Humanscale freedom to Embody here and zero regrets, for me at 6' and 80kg the Embody has been the most comfortable for long days working at the desk.

Associate
I own an Embody, personally my favourite PC accessory I've bought. Like a mattress, I think it's worth spending the extra money for good body health :). As others have mentioned, HM have a showroom in the South where you can test their products. They are all quite different, so definitely worth doing.

Associate
Didn't know about the Embody and also didn't have the time to visit the London store to try them out first. So went with the Aeron C with all the additions (bar the leather, as apparently that's poor for breathability). Was tempted to go with a reputable second hand store for one at a somewhat cheaper price, but glad I held out and now getting it with 25% off for the Winter Sale along with the full 12 year warranty on parts.

Back
Top Bottom