Home made case

Soldato
Ah, ok. I asked, as im going to redo my mobo tray on the android project. This time im using thicker alu, and I want to tap it correctly rather than using a nut on the back of the tray. AFAIK the tap is a UNC6 tap, but the cheapest I can find one for is about £25 :eek:

Associate
OP
messiah khan said:
Ah, ok. I asked, as im going to redo my mobo tray on the android project. This time im using thicker alu, and I want to tap it correctly rather than using a nut on the back of the tray. AFAIK the tap is a UNC6 tap, but the cheapest I can find one for is about £25 :eek:

Thats the prob with ally, you need something thats gonna bite well. Otherwise m4 standoffs and m3 insert would do and for little £.

Soldato
messiah khan said:
Could you not just drill the hole for the standoff a little smaller than the thread and then just screw them in with a battery driver?. If the standoffs are harder than the Alu it could work and would save you a fair bit of cash, might be worth trying on a spare bit of Alu.

Mark

Soldato
messiah khan said:

£25 :eek: so glad i didn't report it to my school when i snapped theirs trying to tap an aluminium block!

i'd love to see some updates as my next case i'm planning to use aluminium.

Soldato
Hi,

Just thought I would get this thread back up on the first page, it is an awesome job your doing there mate well done. Anymore updates yet??

OT - Did you get the email I sent you mate? If not could you send an email to my trust so I know I am replying to an email you use. Ta

Associate
OP
Ok, sorry guys for slacking. :p

Hav'nt done anymore to it. I've been ill a lot lately and other times I've been doing other bits and pieces.

Its not forgotten though and now that the winter months are coming I should have a little more time to do something like this god damn case. :D

Soldato
David230 said:
Ok, sorry guys for slacking. :p

Hav'nt done anymore to it. I've been ill a lot lately and other times I've been doing other bits and pieces.

Its not forgotten though and now that the winter months are coming I should have a little more time to do something like this god damn case. :D

Woho, your still alive. :) Good to see you back. Can't wait for the project to kick off again.

Back
Top Bottom