** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Never a good idea to remove heatsinks while your PC is on.

Rookie error.

No wonder it crashed.

Haha. I did wonder if anyone might actually think I meant from my pc when I posted that.

I think my pc got upset that I was removing the heatsink off another machine in the game :p

Soldato
What made me laugh about it is he was just some random NPC repeating the same lines over and over again. At least I did not notice if you could interact with him. Seems sad going from Adam Jensen to some random NPC in a game :(

Heh, I was pretty surprised when I was wandering around some random little camp in the first game and heard Geralt's unmistakable growl coming from one of the random NPCs

• Haha
Reactions: TNA
Soldato
I completed the main story on Sunday and I thought it was very well done - a few twists and turns I'd not seen coming. I've rinsed most of the content, and now have gone on to the Burning Shores DLC.

Overall the game has exceeded my expectations. There are some annoyances - broken key binds, some unoptimised controls for PC (Why couldn't we have separate buttons for Valor and the grapple?), but overall this stands as one of the best PC ports I've played.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
You'll need it and everything else you can get your hands on for the boss fight!
Man, that was a pita

Did not find it that hard in the end. Hardest bit was crashing to desktop but at least it resumed from almost the same place.

Dude with the correct valor and bow you can take out almost anything with 1 shot.

I was doing like 4K damage sometimes :D

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
And complete. Happy they gave us a choice at the end. I went with now is not the time for that option :cry:

Done with this for now. Will leave it installed and return to smash some heatsinks when I get the urge :cry:

9/10 for sure. Not as good as original. But I was not expecting it to be.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Just finished and about to move on to the burning shores.
I might have to clear up the side quests and de-fog a last bit of the map first though:)

Yep. I did all that before moving on.

Not visited every question mark in the main game though. My plan is to do that bit by bit as and when I fancy playing. Plus hit those machines to harvest more rare parts yo finish upgrading my legendary armour.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Was thinking. I wonder if they will be able to use Sylens in the next Horizon game now that Lance RIP has passed away? I am sure if they pay the rights to use his voice they can train a AI to replicate it?

Would be sad to see him not used. They may just say he left the planet or something which he kind of did I guess :(

Rab

Rab

Associate
just finished game (played before on ps4). liked the dlc. before starting next new game, this time went for relics ruins, races (what a pain), rebel posts. black boxes to get the better weapons. done more than half of arena. but this time skipped drones, underwater tunnels & fighting pits.
luv this game :cool::cool:

Soldato
Finished the main story. Great game with a few niggles already spoken about, like the amount of weapons / Valor system. Might just leave it installed and complete Burning Shores in a month or two. Thinking about starting Dragons Dogma 2 for something fresh.

Caporegime
I thought the game felt smoother today

Horizon Forbidden West Complete Edition 1.3.55.0 Release Notes

Release Notes
Improved the visual quality of dust.
Added Interface Text Size option in the General Settings menu.
Improvements to texture streaming to reduce memory usage and improve quality.
Updated Intel XeSS to version 1.3 with improved image quality and new XeSS Native AA option.
Resolved performance regression when enabling NVIDA Reflex On+Boost.

When using Quick Slot hotkeys to select weapons, the last used ammo type used will now be remembered.
Improved smoothness of camera movement in Photo Mode when using the mouse.
Removed hardcoded Mouse and Keyboard bindings for actions such as Navigation Assist in Focus Mode. They now listen to their respective remappable key bindings.
Various optimizations and stability improvements.
Various UI bugfixes.

Caporegime
Got to the part where you try to find Minerva, and it's even more climb...walk..jump..climb..jump..crawl..pull block rinse and repeat. Getting bored now

Didn't have this problem with the first one, but there seems to be more puzzle based elements to this one

Last edited:
Associate
Yea I think there's a bit more of everything in this one compared to the first. I'm really enjoying it but it's more of a struggle in places and I'm not really a fan of some of the new controls or features (e.g. Valor). Easy enought o play without using them though.

Back
Top Bottom