** Official Horizon: Forbidden West Complete Edition Thread **

Caporegime
Maybe he learned it's more fun to actually play the game than run around looking for visual artifacts :p

I'm finding gameplay a bit meh too tbh, same as first game. Skipping all the dialogue as like witcher 3, it just bores me.

Exploring the world is fun enough along with the combat though

But the visuals outside of vast landscapes/mountain views and character models are awful imo, won't spoil it but there is an area where there is a lot of water again further on and honestly, just makes me want to uninstall again :cry: I'm not joking when I say there are areas where the game looks ps 4 levels of visuals at best :o I'm quite amazed that Alex didn't point out all the flaws, either that or he didn't get far in to start noticing all the issues.

I kind of want to make a compilation video showing it but it may ruin the game for some then as once you point it out, you won't be able to help but notice it too :p

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm finding gameplay a bit meh too tbh, same as first game. Skipping all the dialogue as like witcher 3, it just bores me.

But the visuals outside of vast landscapes/mountain views and character models are awful imo, won't spoil it but there is an area where there is a lot of water again further on and honestly, just makes me want to uninstall again :cry: I'm not joking when I say there are areas where the game looks ps 4 levels of visuals at best :o I'm quite amazed that Alex didn't point out all the flaws, either that or he didn't get far in to start noticing all the issues.

I kind of want to make a compilation video showing it but it may ruin the game for some then as once you point it out, you won't be able to help but notice it too :p

I think you're in a minority with this stuff. I don't think most people would be bothered.

Caporegime
I think you're in a minority with this stuff. I don't think most people would be bothered.

I really hope they add RT down the line as this would be a fantastic showcase for it and really highlight just how bad raster is. CP 2077, dying light 2 etc. raster methods even put this game to shame, which I find quite amusing given they are RT showcases.

e:

also, I got no problems with bad/old visuals i.e. still love 7 days to die and older games, guess the issue with this one is that there are some great visuals on display but then it falls apart in a lot of ways and is even more noticeable/distracting because of how good some areas are like the textures, detail and so on , a bit like UE 5, looks photo realistic but then the animation is noticeably bad.

Last edited:
Reactions: TNA

TNA

TNA

Caporegime

Take that back! Gameplay is certainty not meh! :p

PS4 graphics are fine with me to be honest. I play much older games, no issues :D

Yep. I like graphics a lot and all that. But there comes a point where it becomes cut of your nose to spite your face territory.

Then on the other end you have mrk playing it in SDR as he wants colours to be accurate. It's a game ffs. None of it is accurate and we are years away from anything that resemble real life :p

But each to their own. We can't all agree on everything. It is more fun this way anyway :D

Man of Honour
No difference with ReBAR on:
Code:
No ReBAR:
HorizonForbiddenWest.exe benchmark completed, 7590 frames rendered in 58.546 s
                     Average framerate  :  129.6 FPS
                     Minimum framerate  :  104.4 FPS
                     Maximum framerate  :  153.7 FPS
                     1% low framerate   :   87.6 FPS
                     0.1% low framerate :   73.7 FPS

Yes ReBAR:
HorizonForbiddenWest.exe benchmark completed, 7338 frames rendered in 56.969 s
                     Average framerate  :  128.8 FPS
                     Minimum framerate  :  107.4 FPS
                     Maximum framerate  :  153.9 FPS
                     1% low framerate   :   87.9 FPS
                     0.1% low framerate :   72.9 FPS

Also, screen space nastiness that is actually distracting lol:

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Almost level 12 now. Going to go back wrap up the last side quest I see available and then venture out to the forbidden west. Will leave it there for now, hopefully get some more game time later tonight.

Last edited:
Soldato
No difference with ReBAR on:
Code:
No ReBAR:
HorizonForbiddenWest.exe benchmark completed, 7590 frames rendered in 58.546 s
                     Average framerate  :  129.6 FPS
                     Minimum framerate  :  104.4 FPS
                     Maximum framerate  :  153.7 FPS
                     1% low framerate   :   87.6 FPS
                     0.1% low framerate :   73.7 FPS

Yes ReBAR:
HorizonForbiddenWest.exe benchmark completed, 7338 frames rendered in 56.969 s
                     Average framerate  :  128.8 FPS
                     Minimum framerate  :  107.4 FPS
                     Maximum framerate  :  153.9 FPS
                     1% low framerate   :   87.9 FPS
                     0.1% low framerate :   72.9 FPS

Also, screen space nastiness that is actually distracting lol:

Another reddit rando bites the dust?

Man of Honour
If there was a difference then nbvidia would have whitelisted the game with the Game Ready driver release, simply put! I suspect it's run variance for those who say there is a difference, or something in the BG didn't run taking up resources during the ReBAR run etc.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Another reddit rando bites the dust?
Adding rebar to my list of things which I don't know what they are and don't care to find out.
If there was a difference then nbvidia would have whitelisted the game with the Game Ready driver release, simply put! I suspect it's run variance for those who say there is a difference, or something in the BG didn't run taking up resources during the ReBAR run etc.

Nvidia don't really bother even if there was a difference unless news site report it then they will. Just look at dead space remake, huge boost for a lot of people and iirc, Alex/DF also pointed it out then nvidia went and whitelisted it with a driver update.

Rebar/sam comes entirely down to the setup, amd/nvidia gpus paired with intel cpu generally see less of an uplift but as said, it depends entirely on someones setup and the game e.g. in quite a few games, I can see up to 25 fps improvement like in dead space. In this, there is about a 10 fps boost for me. Check the reddit thread and you'll see people reporting different findings.

Take that back! Gameplay is certainty not meh! :p

PS4 graphics are fine with me to be honest. I play much older games, no issues :D

Yep. I like graphics a lot and all that. But there comes a point where it becomes cut of your nose to spite your face territory.

Then on the other end you have mrk playing it in SDR as he wants colours to be accurate. It's a game ffs. None of it is accurate and we are years away from anything that resemble real life :p

But each to their own. We can't all agree on everything. It is more fun this way anyway :D

Not using HDR especially when it is reference quality has no words.......

Last edited:
Man of Honour
ReBAR made no difference to Dead Space either for me :p

Adding rebar to my list of things which I don't know what they are and don't care to find out.
You need it for certain features of DX12 so as long as it is on in the mobo then that is all you need to do. You also must be on a UEFI instead of BIOS for it to be usable too. It will depend on the game but stuff like direct storage would make use of resize bar and is actually a pre-req to be able to use direct storage anyway.

Last edited:
Caporegime
ReBAR made no difference to Dead Space either for me :p

You need it for certain features of DX12 so as long as it is on in the mobo then that is all you need to do. You also must be on a UEFI instead of BIOS for it to be usable too. It will depend on the game but stuff like direct storage would make use of resize bar and is actually a pre-req to be able to use direct storage anyway.

Because you have an intel cpu :p Seems to benefit lower end/older rigs a bit more sometimes.

Man of Honour
You can simply check in NVCP, if it says Resize BAR "Yes" then you have it on.

UojMxqm.png

Back
Top Bottom